srx VS. 2009 apex GT

MY MONEY STILL ON THE APPEX, ESPECIALLY STOCK FOR STOCK AND ON SNOW. THOSE MACH 1000 WERE LAME TO UNTIL YOU NOS THEM. EVERY ONE I EVER SEEN WAS EITHER TWIN PIPED AND ON THE PIPE HARD. STOCK THEY ARE DOGS. FUNNY ON THAT PRE-PRODUCTION APPEX AT 163. JIM EVEN DYNO BLOGED ABOUT THE CHANGES YAMAHA MADE TO THE MOTOR. INTRESTING !!!. 3:16 (yammie tony)

How can you say the Machs are dogs? The Mach Z still has the quickest and fastest time ever at the Old Forge shootout in dealer prep. The sled ran 11.50s at 109mph. None of the new or old sleds have ever touched those times. Only one close was the Crossfire 1000, but it was later found out to be modified.

BECAUSE STOCK THEY ARE. YOUR GONNA TELL ME THE AMERICAN SNOWMOBILE SHOOTOUT IS THE HOLY CRAIL. OK GOOD THAN. THE 2001 SRX HELD THE E.T. RECORD FOR OUT OF THE BOX FOR HOW MANY YEARS ? I BELIEVE THAT RECORD WAS JUST BROK,IN. YOU MADE THE COMMENT A APPEX HAS TO BE SRAYED OR TURBOED TO RUN, SAME CAN BE SAID FOR THAT MACH. I AM TALKING STOCK, THEY WERE SLOW. ALOT OF GUYS WERE UNHAPPY WITH THAT SLED, THATS WHY SKIDOO STOPED BUILDING THEM IN THREE YEARS. NOW TWIN PIPE THEM AND PORTING AND ALL THE AFTERMARKET GOODIE, THEY FLY, JUST LIKE A APPEX. BUT I AM TELLING YA A APPEX WILL TRONCE A STOCK MACH. MATTER OF FACT, I HAD GUYS TELL ME THE MACH Z 800 TRIPLES WERE BETTER SLEDS. I HAVE SEEN SOME VERY INPRESSIVE MACH TWINS, BUT THEY ALL HAD POWER ADDERS. MY SRX EATS THEM ON THE GRASS IN THE STOCK CLASSES. HELL I HAVE TRONCE THEM WITH MY VMAX 4. UNDERSTAND I AM TALKING FINE/TUNED STOCK. 3:16 (yammie tony)

i am a little suprised they would let out a add on snow tech claiming 163 hp. I think thats a bunch for cr*p. So your saying they are still only 150 hp?

You should come down to Otis the strip is still plowed. My stock Mach Z vs your Stock SRX. Only mods my sled has are trail studs and heavy clutch pins. Believe me I have a pretty fast 2002 SRX that has a clutch set up from SRX Magic and it can't run with my Mach. In the snow it's even worse the Mach just destroys it. I haven't run an Apex with the SRX yet, but I have run several of them with the Mach and it's really not even a race. I have a good Mach that runs how a 170+ horsepower sled should run. This year I have run 125.7 mph with the Mach and I have run 118.2 with the SRX. I have seen a couple of stock Apex's run and they are usually right around 115. And if you don't think 10 mph is a big difference on top it is.

And yes this years production Apex makes right around 150 hp. Just about the same as last years. They did a lot of tweaking to get 163 out of it.

YA AND MY SRX WAS CLUTCHED BY ME. WHO CARES WHO CLUTCHED YOUR SRX. really know need to drop names here. NOT FOR NOTHING, BUT YOU COME ON A YAMAHA BOARD BLOWING YOUR HORN ABOUT YOUR MACH Z AND YOUR THUNDERCAT AND HOW THEY KILL YOUR SRX AND ANY APPEX. TWO 1000 cc SLEDS AGAINST A 698, GREAT!!!! and racing on a lake too boot. I RUN YOUR MACH Z IN A HEART BEAT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
I never said anything bad about the SRX. I actually like riding it and for a 700 the sleds rips. I haven't come across another 700 from Doo or Polaris that will run with it. The F7 is another story though. I have a few friends with 800 triple Machs and it runs very close to them. Within 1 to 2 mph on top. One of my friends has a 97 Mach Z and he usually pulls 120 with that sled, and he has a couple mods. A cut head and reeds. I never said the SRX was slow it just doesn't run with either the T-Cat or the Mach and it shouldn't. It's giving up 300 cc's and more than 30hp.

i have a 2011 apex. i owned a 2006 & 2007. there is at least a 10 hp diff.....specially when lining em up. I run this race a lot. the 2011 will chew & spit out any 2006-2010 apex in equal states of tune.
Until & only until you see them side by side as i do every ride your critique is 100% worthless.

MachZ1000 said:
How can you say the Machs are dogs? The Mach Z still has the quickest and fastest time ever at the Old Forge shootout in dealer prep. The sled ran 11.50s at 109mph. None of the new or old sleds have ever touched those times. Only one close was the Crossfire 1000, but it was later found out to be modified.

ya i'd like to see it do those times when it's up on a hoist with a blown engine after 3,000 miles!!!! APEX IS IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN!!! :postwhore

I have not heard anything positive about the new Mach Z 1000's

I honestly can say I have heard about the apex beating a Mach Z and also a SRX.

The Mach Z in my opinion is nothing but a bunch of HYPE just like the 900 Polaris Fusion got when it came out and turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Its funny how they just all the sudden quit making the Fusion and Mach Z

You guys are right about the reliability of the Mach motor compared to the Apex or the SRX. When I ride the Mach I'm always worried about not making it back. I think that is why they stopped the production of these sleds. I just hit 2000 miles on the Mach tonight so I should be good for a while, I hope. I ride the SRX and I know it's going to get me home every time. We should be having radar runs on Sunday and I am bringing all three sleds. The SRX, Mach, and the Thundercat. The plowed strip is a lot smaller this week because of all the snow we have gotten, 1500 ft max. There should be a big turn out with trail sleds.

SKIDOO COULD NOT GIVE THE MACH AWAY. THATS WHY THEY STOPED MAKEING THEM AFTER THREE YEARS. LIKE ANY TYPE ROTAX, THEY MADE STUPID HP, BUT THEY WERE DOGS STOCK. SEE THATS HOW I MEASURE WHAT A SNOWMOBILE CAN DO, WITH THE BASIS SET-UP, NOT THE MILLION DOLLAR BOYS THAT CAN,T LEAVE STUFF ALONE. YOU SEE ONE TODAY OUT IN FRONT, IT HAS SOME KIND OF POWER ADDER. OK, THE MACH WILL TAKE THE APPEX (not), BUT WHEN THE MACH SPITS ITS GUTS OUT THE APPEX WILL KEEP ON GOING. MACHZ1000, JUST LIKE YOU I HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE BIG RACE SPOTS HERE IN NY. THE FAST ONES ARE JUICED WITH TONS OF POWER ADDERS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

well on ice that apex has NOTHING... killed it from a stop/roll/anything on ice all in under 1000' but the same day got spanked by my boy srx7 and a etec800...

Back