Eagle River 340 SRX Victory!

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Well, last year we showed up to the eagle river vintage world championship to race our 250 enticer that won the super stock 340 single cylinder fan class. That was very exciting to acheive an Eagle River victory our first time out racing at the world championships.

This year we brought three sleds to race in the 2011 vintage world championship races. We brought a 1975 338 GPX to race in the super stock 340 free air class, a 1976 340 SRX to race in the super stock 340 liquid class, and once again our 1980 250 Enticer to race in the super stock 340 single cylinder fan class.

During testing on thursday night, we ended up burning down the engine on our GPX that we had extremely high expectations for. With the SRX, we had very low expectations because we were not able to do much testing at all and the sled was falling on its face from the hole shot. We ended up breaking the cardinal rule and spent an hour or better in our trailer on a jackstand setting up the SRX before the heats it had to race on saturday. All of the clutching and carburation of the SRX was completely changed and we were going out on the track blind.

Saturday we ran 2 heats on the SRX and came in first in both races. We were absolutely walking on clouds at this point because all of our last minute changes in the trailer worked perfectly. The sled came out of the hole perfectly and had tremendous top speed. During the finals, the temperature had gone up slightly from the heat races and we just wanted to keep the engine running fat because we had just blown up the GPX. In the final turn of the 340 liquid super stock final, the engine bogged out on me and I thought I was going to get passed in the final turn. The video below will show the final race in which we ended up taking another first place at Eagle River this year. The 250 we won with the previous year came in second this year but still ran very respectable. Just wanted to share with you all what we have been doing as of recently and I will try to get pictures up here shortly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjWL-UDt7BI

Wow, you have that thing rocket-shipping out of the hole. I just got my 340 running this saturday. Hopefully i can get mine clutched half that good. ;)!

Back