Tickets anyone?

dirtjumper895 said:
I got a no registration ticket last season in the U.P. It was rediculously expensive, and im think i could have registered my sled 4 times for the price of the ticket. Moral of the story now is i have registration.

I know 2 penny Jenny cranked up the cost of no registation coupons for auto so I guess I shouldn't be surprised about sleds.

JDViper said:
wi tags used to have heat activated adheasives on them. you needed a heat gun or a blow dryer to get them to adequately stick. you could get away with it by not heating them, but they would come off from time to time. You wouldnt know that unless you read the small print on the back. They went more conventional a couple years ago i think.

I have no idea how old you are or how long you've been riding sleds, but I've been snowmobiling in this state for 20 years and I've never seen that kind of adhesive on WI registration stickers. I have always been the one in the family to put them on each sled too since I hate crooked stickers. ;)!

3 TOP REASON WHY I SLED THE BC Backcountry
1. No Registration or insurance needed
2. There is no such thing as a BC Trail Sticker
3. The riding is hands down Amazing

I do reacll those decals, I know they were still used like 10 years ago, because I had to go borrow a blowdryer when I was getting ready to bring out the old SRV...

Well just to be a dick, I'm heading back out with the same ticketed sled, with temp reg. paper in the toolbox. Stickers will be left home. DNR website says the remp are good for a month. Hopefully a few minutes wasted with me, will prevent them from wrecking someone elses weekend.
Fricken NAZI's!!!

killerklown said:
I do reacll those decals, I know they were still used like 10 years ago, because I had to go borrow a blowdryer when I was getting ready to bring out the old SRV...

Well just to be a dick, I'm heading back out with the same ticketed sled, with temp reg. paper in the toolbox. Stickers will be left home. DNR website says the remp are good for a month. Hopefully a few minutes wasted with me, will prevent them from wrecking someone elses weekend.
Fricken NAZI's!!!

I just re-read your OP and I'm glad to see you didn't stick it to the original owner like Johnny law offered.

I can imagine the guy getting a bench warrant in the mail (if he would be so lucky) and wondering...wtf?

Happy trails!

Never even crossed my mind... Seems like THAT should be illegal.
PS. I few months ago I had bought a used truck, so I went to the local police dept. for TEMP plates. He was out of them and after a bunch of calling around other depts. he asked me " don't you just have some old car platesw or something, from a previous car I could just throw on?"
How can they enforce the law one second, then the next offer ideas to break it. But when it's convenient they say they need to be fair to everyone!!! So what about the guys ticketed for inproper tags????
I try not to categorize an entire group of people negatively because of some, BUT......

I'm starting to think the "ENFORCERS" should just stay at the station until called, unless they're investigating a crime... Which they never seem to solve around here!

OH WELL..
Happy trails!

In 2003 i got a DUI in bergland and I wasn't even drunk, I blew a .04 but they said I was impared. a buddy and i were riding all day and stopped at Root Cellar for dinner. I had 3 beers with dinner and we headed back to the hotel when we got stopped by DNR right away they said they smelled alchohol even with our helmets still on. we did a field sobriety test, took the breath test and they shipped us to jail for 8 hours. After hiring a lawyer for $1400 retainer fee I got a letter from the prosecuting attorney saying my case was thrown out and wouldn't you know that my lawyer new nothing about the letter but still kept kalf of my retainer fee. since then i will not touch a drop of alchohol until the sled is parked! Jail is not fun, especially on a sled vacation!

nvr2fst said:
Not saying that that is or isn't a law but I have never heard of that one before. Sounds like someone might of been pulling your leg.
I have never seen a posted speed limit in Michigan over 55. hmmm

I was riding at the annual ice boat regatta which is in Ohio. However several people launch at a near by boat launch in MI. There they sat right at the ramp checking Reg, Saftey, Trail Stickers, & BAC Levels. I can understand keeping people safe but it was a little rediculous if ya ask me.

MBllnr said:
I was riding at the annual ice boat regatta which is in Ohio. However several people launch at a near by boat launch in MI. There they sat right at the ramp checking Reg, Saftey, Trail Stickers, & BAC Levels. I can understand keeping people safe but it was a little rediculous if ya ask me.

Same thing up on Lake St. Clair although I'm a bit torn between over enforcement vs. catching idiots. For years you could drive out at Fairhaven without paying at the BOAT ramp until about 10 years ago when they saw how much money the were loosing out on.

Conversely and at the risk of a flame job, the vast majority out on the Bay Satruday and Sunday have no concept of the 100ft. rule. One would think a law wouldn't be necassary when sharing a body of water with pedestrians but it seems some climb on a sled (or quad, dirt bike) and turn into an instant idiot.

You may not like the guy sitting on a bucket fishing in the middle of the river but he has as much of a right as you do to be out there. I saw dozens and dozens zipping by him well over 30 mph (some, double that) within 10 ft. away and I'd bet dollars to donuts those same clowns complain about the poor rap sledders get.

Of course some of these idiots were out for their once a year "skidooing" trip but there were plenty of what looked like seasoned riders doing the same stupid stuff - except they were the ones going 60!

After going toe to toe with an idiot this weekend that was clueless about the rules of the trail, I'm really starting to wonder about what side to take.

As a father and land owner I'm finding it harder and harder to stand up for my riding brothers when more often than not I'm defending the indefenceable.

For those that don't know - In Michigan a rider is not allowed within 100ft. of an ice shanty, ice skating rink or predestrian at a speed greater than what's required to maintain forward control.

I don't know about you guys but the only kind of sled I can think that might have trouble going slower than 10 mph is a jacked up freeair triple on 10% nitro with an engagement rpm of 6k. And even they seem to make it through the return lane smelling off bean oil at a safe speed.

Sorry for the rant and I'm sure I'm preaching to the chior here but if you see someone do something stupid, speak up!

Back