ss 440

fusion 69

VIP Member
Will 48 chiisel studs hook up a stk ss 440? Gonna try a vintage race this weekend.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE 150 ice picks IN A SLED WITH 50 horse ? I HAD MY 2002 SRX LEAVEING LIKE A ROCKET WITH 96 UP chisels up THE CENTER AND MEGA BITES THE REST. FUSION, START WITH 48, AND ADD IF YA NEED THEM. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE 150 ice picks IN A SLED WITH 50 horse ? I HAD MY 2002 SRX LEAVEING LIKE A ROCKET WITH 96 UP chisels up THE CENTER AND MEGA BITES THE REST. FUSION, START WITH 48, AND ADD IF YA NEED THEM. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I'd agree. The type of race you're doing will also have a lot to do with what yo need. Drags? Oval? Radar? and on what surface? Ice? dirt? snow?

opsled

Good god man, I only run 162in my srx, it launchs like a motha, This is for ice drags, gettin board figure I would pic the ole SS for another couple races, gonna try 48, and might have to add, but it's all stock so I think 48 willprobably get it done.

our ex440 oval sled, we have about 160 in right now, driver is about 180 dressed for racing, may add a few more, not many. we run chisels and 30 degree studs

I DRAGED RACED A 77 SRX, A 78, A 79 AND A 80. NEVER EVER USED MORE THEN 120 ICE PICKS. MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE CORRECT FOR OVALS. THE hundreds and hundreds of times i talked with the guys at woodyS. it was always you stud for your hp. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

I was speaking for oval racing. I raced my Exciter for 4 years, and that had 165 t nut style pics, plus a hooker set up, and if you drove in hard enough you could still "dirt track" it. drags on grass or ice are a different story. Also on glare ice chisel type studs are a waste, they will not penetrate like a pic will, went through that this year at Eagle River with a 77 srx.

Back