94 vmax500 rear suspension

Patriot21

How cani set the rear shock to rebound back up and to stiffen it....
seems like when i sit on it it sinks down but when i get off it does not come back up

find another skid those ones are junk. we just put a wildcat artic cat skid in my buddies 96 vmax 600 much better now

To answer your question it's 16 year old sled so your going to have worn out and corroded suspension bushings/shafts/tubes that are binding and froze up and that need attention. Your best bet is to remove the skid from the machine and go right through it cleaning up shafts tubes replacing anything that has worn out then regrease everything.

you would be surprised how much better it will ride and perform,i have no issues with my '95 and stock suspension.

I have that same exact problem of it not rebounding back. I am planning on removing the skid and going through it as well. It sat outside for a year right before i bought it. The steering is also kind of tough. This will be my daughter's sled so I'll need to correct that as well. I actually bought the sled for $10, and I also have bender pipes for it from when i had one myself back in 94. The daughter won't need the pipes though. Sorry, i guess i kind of rambled on there just a bit.

daman is right. When I first got my sled 2 years ago it sat fo 10+ years and I had the same issue. I regreased everything and was a huge difference. I have since put an M-10 in. Also if you have that bender pipe just sitting there shoot me a price if you want to sell it. Jason

Is there a definitive solution? I'm having the same rebound issue I can't imagine it's bad bushings or anything because it compresses with such little effort, I would expect it to rebound just as easily.

Back