Tip Up Town Vmax vs ice shanty

I bet they saved gas on the way home ;)! Just looking on the bright side!

a few tears back, four of us had just rolled into larrys outside of mancelona, mi when a pickup pulled up and three guys got out threw a newer model arctic cat into the bed then drove off. for all we knew, they came back to pick up a broken down sled. well 15 minutes or so later, a guy comes back in yelling his sled was stolen. oops. we gave a description to the cop and never heard another word.

my sled isnt new or worth a ton but if anyone ever stole it I honestly think I would cry.

i use to leave the key in the sled at lunch stops. if stolen, it would have been an excuse to buy a new unit. never happened.

This is another reason to ride a Vmax-4.

The spines of most theifs that would do something like this are not strong enough to pick one up.

opsled

Most sleds are so easy to steal, im suprised some actually go thru the hassle to pick it up an put it in a truck. 90% of current running sleds can by stolen in 15 seconds or less without a key.

Having had someone pick my old Exciter up out of my backyard I can say yes it does suck. And in my case it also had an effect on my desire to even ride.

As far as Tip-up-Town goes. Well my family's place is a few miles from Prudenville and We avoid that place like the plague during that week. Even the "kid" friendly stuff isn't worth it.

I went up last weekend and we stayed as far away as possible. Did notice a higher than normal police prescience on I75 within 20 miles of there sitting in the median waiting to pop anyone going over 70 (55 for trailers).

FuzzButt said:
snip -.

Did notice a higher than normal police prescience on I75 within 20 miles of there sitting in the median waiting to pop anyone going over 70 (55 for trailers).

So Fuzz, do you know if they were stopping folks with trailers for going over 55? Are you familiar with this law?

I checked the MSP website and it didn't have it listed specifically so I sent the question in the form of an e-mail and here it is almost a week later with no response.

Agreed, I have a place in Merritt and I haven't been to the festivities in 15 years.

Good weekend to ride anywhere else.

snomofo said:
So Fuzz, do you know if they were stopping folks with trailers for going over 55? Are you familiar with this law?

I checked the MSP website and it didn't have it listed specifically so I sent the question in the form of an e-mail and here it is almost a week later with no response.

Agreed, I have a place in Merritt and I haven't been to the festivities in 15 years.

Good weekend to ride anywhere else.

Check #5 & 6 in this link: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(1f...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-257-627

Looks like to me that most of us can run the maximum posted speed.

I stand corrected. I thought this applied to any vehicles pulling trailers not jsut those over a certain GCVW.

Any way you put it though the MSP and County guys patrol I75 between about MM 208 thru Grayling pretty heavily looking for all sorts of violations especially on Fridays from what I have observed. Set the cruise at 70 and you'll avoid a visit with one of them. A neighbor of ours was pulled over for a bad plate marker light.

After reading this, I love riding the whistler backcountry, I must be in heaven
you can trust people here you dont know, were all here for the same reason
we got an unlimited speed limit, (just dont be stupid)
and Theres 0 police on the trails,
you dont have to insure your sleds
and you dont have to buy a trail sticker

Back