Need Help Bleeding Coolant Line

MUFDVR

After I changed my head gasket on the viper I spilled alot more than I put back in. have tried everything. Running it on the dolly, up on the dolly, down, tipping it on its side like Pat Hauck told me to do. It still has not burped. I was going to put around my field Tuesday will that get the air out of those lines? Any ideas would help.

Raise the rear above the highest point in the cooling system, ... loosen the drain screw at the rear and add coolant till air bubbles evacuated. Warm up machine, then shut down and repeat procedure. As a last resort you might want to throw her over your shoulder and give her a few loving taps. ;)!

How do I get to the rear drain? Also I guess I unscrew that with the machine running?

Thats Right Mufdvr. Theres Nothing Too It. I Had To Do The Whole Thing When I Busted Aup A Heat Exchanger On My 2001 Sxr 700. Relaese The Bled Screw At The Rear Of The Sled. The Seat Will Have To Be Off Unless Its A Mountain Max. You Do Not Have To Hoist It Just Run Up To Temp And Watch Your Guage... Good Luck

I assume when coolant comes out tighten it back down and off I go.

Thanks for the help. It worked great. I guess there was no air bubble. Its good tp be sure.

I just got done refilling my coolant system today after I did the cut and lift mod on my SRX. All I did was refill the coolant jug then ran the sled and added coolant as needed, with the carb heaters on. The heat exchangers got warm, so am I likely alright? I guess I will find out when I run it out on the lake a little bit I guess.

Back