Help with headlight question!!!

racerboy

Hey everyone.

my 1985 phazer 480 has electrical problems and has a very dim headlight. (The magnetos are shot.) The sled is on it's last leg, so I don't feel like replacing all the magnetos again. (I just did it last year, and then my handlebar warmers shorted the new ones out....) The light works, it's just dim compared to what it used to be. I overrun the headlight at about 25 mph, and don't feel comfortable driving it at night because of this, but I can't always drive during the day, so I have to do something. I'm thinking HID's might help make the most of what little output I have. What do you guys think? And if HID's are the way to go, where can I get a set of inexpensive ones for the sled? I don't want to stick any more money in it anymore, as the clutch is going, and it basically needs a full refurbishing, but I don't think it's worth it, but I still want to be able to ride it, so I guess if I can find a cheap set, I might just buy a set.

Thanks, guys! :winterrul

the only thing with HID lights is they need a strong constant 12v you will need new magnetos,battery ,charging sys. for the battery, a relay for the HID lights and the HID light kit . the good news is DDM tuning .com has kits for cars for $40 in 55w $30 in 35w and the relay kit for $12.50. but if you still think your going to go this way give them a call i think they still have the single ballast &bulb kits for motorcycles and what not.

Back