ethanol and oil

How do you like this; If you have a farm business ID number you can buy fresh non-ethonal fuel for off road use. Now that is a bunch of crap. But that is another subject entirely. Al

alswagg said:
How do you like this; If you have a farm business ID number you can buy fresh non-ethonal fuel for off road use. Now that is a bunch of crap. But that is another subject entirely. Al

i wish i could get non-ethanol fuel for my sleds.

SWEDE said:
I just remembered reading an article in Snow Tech magazine last fall that was a q&a of sorts and it had a segment with a Yamaha tech claiming there sleds have been e-10 tolerant from the late 80's and up!I sure was surprised to read that and wondered how factual it was???

i wish i could have read that article. sounds like some BS.....ethanol tolerant my a$$.

mopar1rules said:
i wish i could get non-ethanol fuel for my sleds.

Hey Mopar I'm not sure but I think? all the BP stations in your county are non ethanol on there premium only

AUGDOG said:
Hey Mopar I'm not sure but I think? all the BP stations in your county are non ethanol on there premium only

That used to be the case with Amoco 93 before BP took over and I've heard rumblings it's still true but I haven't been able to confirm... in Michigan.

snomofo said:
That used to be the case with Amoco 93 before BP took over and I've heard rumblings it's still true but I haven't been able to confirm... in Michigan.

From what I have been told by the local BP guy is that WI. counties that do not require vehicle emissions testing typically have non E premium fuel. and it ALL was until about a year ago.

AUGDOG said:
From what I have been told by the local BP guy is that WI. counties that do not require vehicle emissions testing typically have non E premium fuel. and it ALL was until about a year ago.

You mean there are counties in Wisc that are still sniffing tailpipes for cash?
I'll bet the most likely low income-offenders/heavy omitters are excempt from compliance repairs?

I think oxygenated fuel use is primarily population driven.

snomofo said:
You mean there are counties in Wisc that are still sniffing tailpipes for cash?

There is no fee or cash (outside the fact that we taxpayers are funding this) but just a hassle every time to renew your plates. I am exempt in my county

AUGDOG said:

nope, all octane grades at the BP pumps in nearby counties by me, are all 10% ethanol.

mopar1rules said:
i wish i could have read that article. sounds like some BS.....ethanol tolerant my a$$.
If you go to Snow Techs website there is a huge article archive's section and wouldn't be surprised if you could bring it up.

Back