Welding power vavlves

srxz

Just out trying to adjust the PV on the 01 srx and the one next to the clutch would not open. Thought the cable was broken put it just pulled through the valve. I think this is common on these and could get a new one but not for a few days and want to ride now. Has anyone built the slot back up and machined a new slot for the cable to hold on to? Also can you clean the pv on the wire wheel or will that damge the finish? Thanks, snowing here again today and can't wait any longer.

I've repaired them using an insert, turned out great, and alot stronger than originals. They do clean up nicely with a wire wheel, just use light pressure when doing it.

Attachments

• MVC-291F.JPG
    MVC-291F.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 47
Great job. Nice pics. We will give it a try! Got to be better than paying large for new ones.

Well I got lucky and was able to obtain a used pv from a buddy who just got three new ones. It will do just fine for now. Going out today to put it back together and will let you know how it works out. 0 miles on the sled this year but big storm coming on Thurs. Yahooooo.

i welded the ends of mine and re drilled the hole. i only sloted them half way tho. i figured they would be stronger like that. then i machined them back to stock. oyea i used a wire brush and a razor blade with some gasoline worked good.not sure if the brush is ok tho. just what i used

Back