battery ?

america10

i have a ? About a new battery. It brings a clear exhaust vent tube. am i suppose 2 leave it on when i connect 2 my sled?

I do but i see them missing all the time. I just tuck it down between the battery tray and foot well. If your battery overheats it allows the battery fluid to be send down the the belly pan and not on the battery case. Had one overheat from charging once on the kitchen counter, ask me how the wife liked that mess. Chris

america10 said:
i have a ? About a new battery. It brings a clear exhaust vent tube. am i suppose 2 leave it on when i connect 2 my sled?

It's the vent for hydrogen sulfide gas that is expelled from all lead/acid batteries. Your battery is expelling it constantly but more so when warm or when charging at a high rate. Very corosive and explosive so if you can route it to the ground do so.

I've seen two batteries blow up and it ain't pretty. It's the reason you make the last ground connection on an engine ground when jump starting so the spark is away from the expelling gasses.

Last edited:

Back