not a yamaha but i need help!

SesandXes

alrighty guys i got a project.

1983 polaris indy trail

baught it last year.. drove it. parked it.

advance a year...

wont start, wont run.

cleaned carbs, put new seals in carbs. reset everything to it where it should be..

air screws are 1.0 turns out, they are synced etc.

now it starts (HARD if at all) i did manage to get it to idle (at 3,000)

went to start out, and it BOGS like none other, almost doesnt move, then will rev up and run perfect once u get it moving. but if you let off it and bring it back down past like 5 grand it will bog.

eventually it will bog down to where you have to push it at WOT.

plugs are new,thumb compression test is good, and no its not the clutchs because it does it on the track stand with no belt.

when you start it its hard, it half runs nad as soon as you hit the choke or throttle it dies. pull pull pull pull and nothing.

at least the pull start works good lol

bog bog bog.

please help me, i wanna get this thing reliable and running! thanks!

might be kind of a dumb question, but new fuel?
Did you check the fuel filter? Fuel pump? It really sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. I suppose it's possible the carb boots are cracked, the crank seals are bad, or it's not getting ENOUGH compression. Lots of things that could be bad with it causing it to not run right. If you can get it started and idling, spray starting fluid around the carb boots, and around the crank seals. OH also.. Check the air box. Lots of times critters like to get in there and build nests..

Crazy Axe said:
might be kind of a dumb question, but new fuel?
Did you check the fuel filter? Fuel pump? It really sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. I suppose it's possible the carb boots are cracked, the crank seals are bad, or it's not getting ENOUGH compression. Lots of things that could be bad with it causing it to not run right. If you can get it started and idling, spray starting fluid around the carb boots, and around the crank seals. OH also.. Check the air box. Lots of times critters like to get in there and build nests..

new gas, i'll try to disable to filter tomorrow and see if that helps..

carb boots are fine, i'll see if i can test the crank seals although im gunna be P'd off if thats what it is. lol

SesandXes said:
new gas, i'll try to disable to filter tomorrow and see if that helps..

carb boots are fine, i'll see if i can test the crank seals although im gunna be P'd off if thats what it is. lol

Sucks, but it happens.. If that doesn't work you could try moving the needle clip down a notch or two so it gets a little more mid-range fuel? Just some stuff to consider..

honestly sounds like to much gas to me as if it were not enuf or a crank seal it would run better with the choke on not worse try cleaning your carbs again take the jets out and clean em also is it fan cooled or liquid? let me know what engine u have an what carbs an ill give u the factory specs for it

eavery420 said:
honestly sounds like to much gas to me as if it were not enuf or a crank seal it would run better with the choke on not worse try cleaning your carbs again take the jets out and clean em also is it fan cooled or liquid? let me know what engine u have an what carbs an ill give u the factory specs for it

1983 polaris indy trail

fan cooled 440 twin

engine model EC44-2PM 2100

carbs are (2) mikiuni VM34's

Back