2007 Vector rs , Im Back BABY YEAH!!

pantherfan89

Hey Guys , Been away from this forum for a while , Still snowmobiling on the Phazer . I ve got this opportunity to buy a 2007 Vector rs for 4500.00 with less than 300 miles and was wondering once i take the big step over to 4 strokes , is there anything I need to know or look for once I switch . I pretty excited; my ol 96 phazer has got a problem with gas mileage and its kinda got me down . But , thats all going to change after Saturday !! :bling:

Awesome to hear, you should deffinetely get better milage! You should be able to find all the info you need on http://www.ty4stroke.com/

It will deffinetely be a different riding sled then what you are used to, but do some searchs TY4stroke and once you get it dialled in, you'll love it!

dad has an 05, I think its a great sled. takes getting used to on the on off throttle, but once you adjust it is a tq beast :) easy to load the skid and pop it off the tops of hills or large moguls

I hope im gonna love it !

Thanks guys , I hope im gonna love it . Ive always been old school , loved the phazer and Exciter. I have got one question and perhaps i need to ask it in 4 stroke forum but , I was wondering about the oil in the motor . I know it only needs to be changed at long term intravels. So , is it normal motor oil or is it special from Yamaha . Being as its got low miles should I changed it now or wait for the recommanded time to change it . Its been since 2007 . Seems like I should change it.

Change it. Lots of guys using amsoil in the 4's. Other concerns for the Yamaha Vector, there is a service bulletin out for the timing chain tensioner. you need to keep an ear out for a rattle from the timing chain area of the motor. Just did my Dad's 06 yesterday but it didn't make any noise till around 6500 miles. some guys are changing it for peace of mind others (like me) will wait to hear it start making noise.

There are other 'quirks' with the 4 strokes but you'd be better served reading about it over at ty4stroke.com

service bulletin meaning it still costs you to get it done, they are just telling you what you might encounter and what it is, correct?

03viperguy said:
service bulletin meaning it still costs you to get it done, they are just telling you what you might encounter and what it is, correct?

Yep, US part from Port is $125 ish, Canada is $204. You should also buy exhaust donuts when doing this job, especially if you haven't yet...and don't forget the tensioner gasket, it doesn't come with the new part. There is a sticky in the RS general forum about this with pics and process.

Back