1984 Excel III 340 & 1987 Exciter 570 Track

Thirteen

I am looking to hear from people that have done modifications on these sleds.
I was thinking of putting deeper lug tracks in.
Anyone that has put larger lug tracks in that can tell me how high they went - with or without modifications. I don't mind modifying.
Also, what about studs. Anyone put studs on the .75 track without issues? Modifications needed?
How about putting a 121" track in the excel? Did you just move the suspension back or did you put it a suspension from another sled that had a 121"
Any comments on what you did that worked and what didn't work will be very helpful.
It seems I can get a never ending supply of 15" x 121" 2.52 driver tracks but they are all taller lugs. I have a fairly worn 1.25" lug track that may effectively be a shorter lug.
Change the driver to clear?

The problem with most Enticers is the track pitch. 3.25' for most ET's and most others are 2.5".

The ET has smaller drivers than most and they run on a square shaft. Most others run on a hex shaft.

Now, ET longtrack sleds did use a 2.5 pitch track and the drivers still ran on a square shaft. So if you could find a set of ET long track drivers to install in your sled you could turn a standard 121 track.

Repositioning your original skid or swapping to a 121 skid is farly standard stuff but ya need to fix the driver issue first.

opsled.

When you say Enticer, do you mean Exciter or Excel?
I don't know if you just mis-typed or if you are actually not talking about the sleds that I have.

Sorry, My bad. When I said Enticer I was refering to your Excel III.

An Excel is the same sled as an Enticer but with electric start.

So what I was saying applies to your Excel too.

opsled

Back