Plugging ram air on viper?

silveradocountry

Last weekend while riding on my cpr piped viper in boulder junction, wi, i was watching my egt gauge and the temperatures were rising quit a bit due to the 0 degree weather. Now i know that i could rejet fatter however, is it possible to plug the ram air to richen up the entire fuel system? Like put some 200 mph tape over the intakes on the hood? I never got around to trying it anyone else?

The forced air induction pods only increase airflow under the hood not directly into airbox so it would do litle if any good to ducttape them closed. I've got a kit from Fix Motorsports that redirects the airflow from those pods directly into the airbox so I'm running 160 mains Get a tempaflow set your baseline at -20 and fugeddaboutit ;)!

viper cpr w/tempa-flow

are you running CPR pipes and tempa flow?
stock head?
rear heat exchanger? would this change jetting?
jets? 160 across the board?
needle pos.
pilots

I got used pipes installed but not jetted!!

Viper Sniper said:
The forced air induction pods only increase airflow under the hood not directly into airbox so it would do litle if any good to ducttape them closed. I've got a kit from Fix Motorsports that redirects the airflow from those pods directly into the airbox so I'm running 160 mains Get a tempaflow set your baseline at -20 and fugeddaboutit ;)!

I can't speak from experience on this one, but I would think that by plugging the ram air and forcing it to draw air from other sources the intake air temp. would be higher and richen mixture. If nothing else I would it would be a safe experiment to see what effect it would have.

yamahay said:
I can't speak from experience on this one, but I would think that by plugging the ram air and forcing it to draw air from other sources the intake air temp. would be higher and richen mixture. If nothing else I would it would be a safe experiment to see what effect it would have.

I think i will try it today.......-10 here in s.e. wisconsin.....i will get back to ya on this

I would agree, do not tape your Ram Air off, Try the Cold air kit from Fix Power Sports as viper sniper has (I have it on mine as well as my friends) It's a cheap mod but definitely helps the air flow and according to my friends dyno gives us a 2-4 HP increase.

Back