Hammertime clutch on a Viper S?

ViperTom

The dealer I bought my viper from says he as excellent results with a hammertime clutch set up. Has anyone tried them on there viper and are you happy with the results?

The dealer also gave me a price of $300 installed and dialed in. Is that a fair price or is it just a matter of changing weights which I can do myself?

Let me know your thoughts.
Tom

The Hammertime weights really liven up the sled had good results with them. There are many different combination with these weights depending on your application. I would say $300 dollars is a fair price for the product and installed. I payed $250 for the weights and spent couple hours installing them. If you dont have a clutch puller it is very difficult to change weights yourself. I would recommended getting a roller secondary also. Good Luck

I had the dealer order up the hammertime weights. Next week I'll have him do the work and let you know how it works out.

Thanks,
Tom

Best of luck with those hammer times

I ran that set up last year on a bender piped viper.If you spin a belt the weights will break and destroy every sheave on that sled! If you're lucky you wont punch a hole in the belly pan.They offered to send me the "NEW" updated version ,no thanks! As far as performance,the stock 8ek's that bender weights up for their pipes outperformed the hammer times. The hammer times give you great punch to about 600', and then fall off badly.I ran my buddies 2001 srx many times with every combination imaginable and the weighted up 8ek's were a little slower to 400' then no contest! This year i went to H Hitters.

Back