Best plastic skis for 1998 Vmax XTC deluxe

I bought some Viper skis for my dad's XTC (Take offs with the carbide for $165 @ haydays) Haven't ridden it though, although I'm sure it will be great. I'll follow up when he gets it out.

I have the same sled for my wife and I picked up a set of skis off a 2000 sxr for $50 and they are perfect for this sled. I bought new red handles from yamaha. You should be able to pick up a set of skis pretty cheap. Post a wanted ad on this board.

The pair of skis I had use a steel bushing pressed into the aluminum saddle, I did need to order the longer bolts for the viper spindle and trim the bottom of the rubber snubber to fit, but width wise they fit the XTC spindle perfectly. My dad's is a 1997 VMax XTC 600 with electric start and reverse. I hope that helps.

Here you can see the bushings in the ski assembly diagram of the 02 viper ...

Attachments

• ski assem.jpg
    ski assem.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
I tried the SRX style skis on a Vmax Sx 98 and hated them because the sled would not go straight after 40mph. You might want to check out C&A advantage $200 plus carbide. I ran those on my 98 and loved them. I will have a pair of 03 Viper stock skis $125 for sale soon. Advise if interested.

hmm the viper skis just bolted right on my sxr 500. floatation is miles improved. trails are not groomed yet so i dont know how they are gonna handle till they open.

Back