Phazer AAEN info needed

spartanfan72

I got an AAEN pipe given to me by my cousin off an older Phazer (87-88) that blew an engine.

I'm putting it on a 1995 Phazer II... Just looking for some info on this pipe. It exits out the back, futher back than the stock exhaust hole and I had to cut a hole in the side panel as it exits out there instead of out the bottom of the sled.

Is this the AAEN "race pipe"? If so, what other mods should I be doing or "have" to do?

I went up 2 sizes on the main jet (152.5), and took out the primary nozzles and drilled holes all the way through. I rode the sled briefly, didn't have much time.. checked the plugs and they looked "ok".

I had snow inside the engine compartment, obviously I have to cover up the old stock exhaust hole somehow.

Any help on what model AAEN pipe this is or anything else I should be modifying would be great.

The best thing you could do would be to contact aaen as they still make all those pipes. There are three pipes for the phazer. Most people run the quiet can pipe because it is the easiest to tune and install. You may have either the torquer or the race version. They will be able to tell you which one. I think your probably way to rich on the mains. I would drop down to 150's or 147.5s and check your plugs again. Most phazer pipes, you will need to raise engagement a little and turn 7200-7500 rpm depending on any engine mods.

I just put an Aaen pipe on my Phazer. Motor is all stock and I went up to 150s to be safe. I didn't change anything else in the carbs. I'm still working on my clutching because I have a comet clutch. I just replaced the stock silver spring with a short purple and it seems to be close. I only have about 150miles on it but have had no issues with any lean spots.

phazerguy said:
The best thing you could do would be to contact aaen as they still make all those pipes. There are three pipes for the phazer. Most people run the quiet can pipe because it is the easiest to tune and install. You may have either the torquer or the race version. They will be able to tell you which one. I think your probably way to rich on the mains. I would drop down to 150's or 147.5s and check your plugs again. Most phazer pipes, you will need to raise engagement a little and turn 7200-7500 rpm depending on any engine mods.
The factory main is 143.8, most of the info I had said to go up 2 sizes, the website I was using showed a 147.5 and then a 152.5 so that's why I went that route...plus if I went too far one way, I wanted it to be "too rich" to start out.

It seems to idle and run great, but like I said, I haven't had a chance to run it down the road and then pull the plugs and check them.

I run my phazerII at sea level with a AAEN quiet can pipe with stock pilot jets (95)and the primary nozzle drilled through and 147.5 main jets I have 600kms on it with out any problems ..

Last edited:
phazerII said:
I run my phazerII at sea level with a AAEN quiet can pipe with stock pilot jets (95)and the primary nozzle drilled through and 147.5 main jets I have 600kms on it with out any problems ..

Thanks for the input!!

Looking like I might have to wait until next year to fully test out my new setup.. the snow is rapidly melting... not that i'm too broken up about it... i'm ready for golf season..

;)!

spartanfan72 said:
Thanks for the input!!

Looking like I might have to wait until next year to fully test out my new setup.. the snow is rapidly melting... not that i'm too broken up about it... i'm ready for golf season..

;)!
I'm running 145's and my plugs are perfect but thats with a Bender pipe..dont know if theres much difference

phazerguy said:

you don't know what you are talking about your phazer is slow :bump: :bump:

Back