Venture 500 XL track question

cs90453

I am looking to do a couple of upgrades on my 2005 500 Venture and I was considering getting a more aggressive track. My question is can anyone tell me what the highest lug I can install on this particular sled? Looking for improved traction in deep snow.

A couple of bucks said:
Had to get a track myself this year. This was what I HAPPLY bought and would do it again should I need one.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72841

That said......1.0 w/ studs or 1.25 w/o studs is the safest bet.

Still going strong.

Like I said in the COB link, the nastier the starting line at your local lake - run what you brung - drag race gets, the better you'll do holeshot wise.

I could pull out on picked Hooper kit Thunderkittys and MachZs with my piped piston port XCR when the start line got chewed up. Of course they'd real me in by 300ft. but it was fun.

What little I rode that thing this year,(before my accident) that thing ruled the roost in the powder. No one in my riding group could touch me in the POW.

Just looked and they are all out of the 1 inchers. But they still do have some 1.25 inchers for a great price. I can't speak for the 1.25 aggressor......but that thing must be incredable in the FLUFF if it's any indicator of my 1 inch.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...ain&catId=&productId=p01401&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I don't have much concern for speed so I think that 1.25 would be a better option. Just interested in breaking a trail or two and sometimes my area gets nailed with snow and I have to sit back and wait until it settles or until the trails are broken again.

cs90453 said:
Thanks everyone. I don't have much concern for speed so I think that 1.25 would be a better option. Just interested in breaking a trail or two and sometimes my area gets nailed with snow and I have to sit back and wait until it settles or until the trails are broken again.

You might also need it to pull out my wide track when I get stuck?

Back