Remote start on 2 stroke?

MikeRWK

Is this possible? The way the remote starter knows the engines running is via a tach signal, so wouldnt it still work as long as the sled used the same signal as the brain?

it would crank until it saw the sled running. but if it is a carb motor you wouldn't be able to set the choke. And you would want to use a good remote start.

You would have to set the choke when you parked it. Now my question is why? Did you want you heater on? :dunno: ;)

gbic1 said:
You would have to set the choke when you parked it. Now my question is why? Did you want you heater on? :dunno: ;)

If you set the choke when you parked it, then started it, you would still need to turn off choke once started...

And I am guessing the answer to the, Why? is probably, Why not?

Remote start is much better oriented on a EFI unit. Not just four stroke but two stroke also. The ability to fluxuate the choke on and off without being directly by the sled would be a nightmare on the carbed machine. Al

nvr2fst said:
And I am guessing the answer to the, Why? is probably, Why not?

Which if you're guess was right would be a stupid answer to a ligitimate question.

It's a snowmobile. If you can't handle going out to start it you probably to big a wuss to ride it.

What's next?? Power steering??/ :rofl:

opsled

You would need to find an old remote starter from the 80's. They were built with carbs in and choke in mind. Then you would need to mod your choke system to work on an actuator that is controlled by the remote start.Or if you had some electronic know how you could build a timer and control the choke circuit.It can be done.

opsled said:
Which if you're guess was right would be a stupid answer to a ligitimate question.

It's a snowmobile. If you can't handle going out to start it you probably to big a wuss to ride it.

What's next?? Power steering??/ :rofl:

opsled

While I might agree that remote start on a snowmobile would be silly, a mis-spelled post calling folks names isn't the way to get your point across. IMO.

my sabercat came with a remote start from the factory. seems kinda cool. it wasn't a big "wow" factor for me when buying it...i simply needed electric start. the remote looks just like one that the cars have. when you open it, it looks just like a mini computer RAM. seems very delicate. i keep my remote in my jacket while riding.
like the others said, the biggest problem is going to be figuring out the choke situation. yeah, it's lazy, but if you're inside long enough and the sled cools down, i hit the remote and let it warm up while im getting my helmet/gear on inside.

Back