Et 340

Diversion

Hi

Does anybody know the diameter of the rear springs on an ET 340 -80(Standard/factory)?

I suspect the ones on my sled are some kind of aftermarket ones and that they are much stiffer than standard. The Boggie won't budge until I jump on the rear handle. I don't remember the ET of my youth being this stiff.

what hole is it set in? there is usually 3 holes for one end of the spring. the top one is the stiffest, the bottom one the softest. usually from the factory they are set in the middle. i would try this 1st. if it is set in the middle and is still stiff, you probably have a sezied cross shaft or the shock is seized.

Maim said:
what hole is it set in? there is usually 3 holes for one end of the spring. the top one is the stiffest, the bottom one the softest. usually from the factory they are set in the middle. i would try this 1st. if it is set in the middle and is still stiff, you probably have a sezied cross shaft or the shock is seized.

It is at the softest setting. I'll check the shock. English isn't my native so I am not sure what the crossbar is, are you referring to the pivot/fulcrum arm that the shock is mounted to?

You might want to pull the suspension and give it a look over anyway.. My 250 came seized and it turned out to be the shock but I'm glad I took it apart because the control arm(?the front piece that bolts to the tunnel) was cracked and needed repair.

yes that can stiffen up/sezie.

where the bolts are that hold the suspension to the tunnel (sled), are shafts that are suposed to rotate in the sleves. they never have grease fittings on older sleds so if they sit for a while they stop moving. supposed to move in the same manner as your 600 xt.

Well suspension pulled apart greased and a new shock installed but now there is another problem. The suspension moves as it should but this (forgive my english) suspension has to smaller wheels to the front. The ones closest to the front dont rotate (It's the same for both sides). I checked and it spins without problem and they don't seem to be misaligned. Upon looking closer I noticed that they are too high. It is a gap of about 3 mm to the inside of the track from the wheel so it spins intermittently but almost never on a flat surface.

Any suggestions, the rubber around the wheel doesn't look worn either.

check them with a square as the mounts might be bent up. other wise someone might have installed smaller wheels by mistake.

Back