'95 Enticer can't lower idle?

deepstuff

Hi,
Just cleaned my Carb and now I can't adjust idle speed down enough? It's only coming down to about 2700RPM before and the idle adjustment screw will not go any farther? According to manual idle should be between 1800 and 2000 rpm.

It's not my throttle cable, it's slack and has lots of free play. I can adjust the idle with the idle adjust screw but can't adjust it down far enough?

thanks!

Last edited:

Make sure throttle cable isnt taught, there should be a lil free play in cable with out thumb on throttle. Other thing to check for is air sucking in from some where else? I find carb clean with tube on will get you into the nooks and crannnys. Check carb boot(s) at both ends or even could be case seals. If it is sucking air some where from my experience It could hurt engine QUICKLY!
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Use carb clean or starting fluid. spray along suspected area, behind primary along seam of cases, where boot meets case and boot and carbs. if ya got a leak idle will go even higher/rougher when ya find it. Intead of leak suck air it sucks in aerisol and changes idle

Back