1997 piped Vmax4 vs. 1996 TCat

wow i thought it would be more the tcat is like 564 thats closer then i thought an yea i think the tcat an vmax 4 were the heaviest never driven a vmax 4 i have wanted to four years i guess im gunna have to buy one to get the chance

GREAT INFO.........that is what he said it was, a Goodyear belt.

thanks!!

I bet just by switching belts you notice a huge difference performance wise. I was in a bad situation before and couldnt afford the $150 some odd dollars the local dealer wanted so I bought the $80 goodyear belt and ran it about 10 miles before switcing back to my half worn out 89a yamaha belt. I was convinced the sled had something wrong with it but it was just the poor quality of the goodyear belt. Hopefully this will start to wake this sled up.

YA NEED THE 8BU-00 VMAX 4 BELT. YES EXPENSIVE BUT WORKS BEST. EVEN WAY BETTER THAN THE 89A THAT WAS VERY HARD COMPOUND. THAT POOR VMAX 4 IN THAT VIDEO WAS IN TROUBLE RIGHT FROM THE GET/GO WHEN THE GUY DRIVING IT WAS JUMPING ON THE BACK. YOU DO THAT ON MINE AND THE SLED WILL GO DOWN THE TRACK WITHOUT YOU ON IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
YA NEED THE 8BU-00 VMAX 4 BELT. YES EXPENSIVE BUT WORKS BEST. EVEN WAY BETTER THAN THE 89A THAT WAS VERY HARD COMPOUND. THAT POOR VMAX 4 IN THAT VIDEO WAS IN TROUBLE RIGHT FROM THE GET/GO WHEN THE GUY DRIVING IT WAS JUMPING ON THE BACK. YOU DO THAT ON MINE AND THE SLED WILL GO DOWN THE TRACK WITHOUT YOU ON IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I see portyamaha has the 8BU belt for $101.

I got 8bu belts delivered to my door for 75 bucks a piece, I had to play some hardball but they went for it. I bought 3 or 4 of them I think.

Back in the day when I was young and dumb, I had a 93 TCAT 900 and a 95 or 96 TCAT 1000. I thaught the were the bees knees back then, hence the young and dumb! Maybe I am biased, I have rode alot of sleds over the years but none have grabbed my attention and kept it like my srx did!

Devilin AblueDress! said:
Back in the day when I was young and dumb, I had a 93 TCAT 900 and a 95 or 96 TCAT 1000. I thaught the were the bees knees back then, hence the young and dumb! Maybe I am biased, I have rode alot of sleds over the years but none have grabbed my attention and kept it like my srx did!

I know it an old cliche..........but FIT and FINISH. There just is no comparison when you look at a Yamaha and then look at a Cat even to this day. I noticed that even that day out in the field how rough around the edges the TCat looked compared to the VMax4 of its era. Even going back to the vintage sleds I am amazed at how many old Yamahas run so well after 30+ years. I was at a Vintage ride this winter and it was almost all Yamahas that were in running condition and the other brands were having a tough time.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
TCAT WAS NEVER A 1000 cc UNTIL 2000. ALL PRE WERE 900cc. (I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH ) 3:16 (yammie tony)

I think they increased displacement in 98. I could be wrong though.

Dont exacly remember, got the 1000 late in the season and didnt ride it much then sent the whole artic fleet to the curb. i was thinkin 95-96 could have ben 98 or 99 as had no valves, i remember that much.

Back