The end of 2 stroke Yamaha's is here !!!

vipertripplexxx said:
"Why does it matter how big the engine is?" Thats the whole issue! THERE F@%*ING HEAVY!!!! By the way big companies don't always make the right decisions, take a look at the vipers shocks, was their test rider A sumo wrestler? We aren't whinning, just opinions about what we like, and feel passionate about. It's great to hear all the responses, Think I'll have A sip of wine ;):D AHHHH that little bastart drank it all! :o|
the viper shock problem was caused by consumers saying they ride very agressively when they really dont. yamaha didnt want to replace blown out shocks every day. so they made them for what people said they were going to do with them.

vipertripplexxx said:
The dealer tells you? Your an agressive rider I take it? Ride one meathead! We are not complaining :o|
geez! settle down. i was giving my opinion too. i am an average trail rider just like most of us on here. i have the updated shocks and never bottom them. ;)!

Well, I chime in

The Viper was Oversold for sure. I bought into it. Yamaha did a "POOR" job marketing the Viper. Ya, the big bump thing, but the motor was a piss poor 700 stocker. Then they bolt in these stiff shocks, set it up poorly and the thing weighs 600 lbs. After $1,000 in goodies I have it as I was hoping it would be. All the hype and they only give this thing 117hp. If Yamaha quits making a 2 stoke, I will probably buy another brand unless.

Unless they can "honestly" provide a 4 stoker/140-150hp. sled that competes in weight with the F-7. That competes with all in the suspension game. Ya, ya I saw the monoshock thing, but is it really that better?

Yup, I feel that Yamaha is palying me a fool again and I am not buying it this time. Like the guy said earlier, if they think their 4th place market share is that good and they will play to their own toon, then I will be leaving the Yammie camp.

The cost sharing on the 4 strokes is a good arguement, but they have been making 2 strokers longer and should have most devleopment costs covered and could have shared that with the other divisions in order to further 2 stroke tech. and emissions, so I see it as the sled division is the weakling and that worries me.

Bottom line, I will not plunk cash down for a 140-150 hp. sled that comes in at 700+ pounds end of story. Gonna keep the Viper until 2008 and see where it all lays then.

do you guys lift your sleds alot?? that seems to be a theme with the complaints. I find it hard to tell what a sled weighs by how it rides. my friends mxz 700 feels heavier than my viper but it isnt. my viper doesnt feel any lighter than my friends rx1 when we switch off, if anything the easier steering makes it feel lighter.

as for four stroke they are headed in the right direction. as for not being able to make it perform by yourself, buy a book and dont be a woos. it is nothing but a machine, take it apart and reassemble. you can port the motor, cam timing, port matching, carb work, clutching, gearing, pistons, cams,tps adjustment,temp sending adjustments, cdi box timing and if you can afford it even a turbo. all this you are doing to a motor that within reason never wears out. I get a kick out of people that i know have tore the motor down and rebuilt it in their truck but are terrified of taking a sled apart.

when they bring up the weight issue just tell them you dont have to lift a yamaha on the trailer, they drive on every time.

Hey BETHEVIPER, if you ever need a place to stay up in my neck of the woods, your welcome, as long as you bring your "old laddie". Shrue would be nice to have "Alot" of eye candy around here! I'll drink to that! ;):D Seriously though as time goes by things usually get better, and more expensive. Iv'e come to the conclusion that we are all correct in alot of our views, and things will probably end up somewhere in the middle. I feel better Thanks!

Back