Snow in Winter, Asphalt in Summer?

SXlover

So as I was trying to fall asleep last night I was thinking to myself, could a person run a Turbod Apex Mtn in the winter on snow, and then in the summer on asphalt? I realize a skid and ski change would be needed, but could you put in like a 144" proline skid and track in an Apex Mtn tunnel, along with different drivers? Yea you'd have a long tunnel sticking out behind it, but oh well.

Or can you just get a flat track for say a 144" Pro Mountain skid that I could swap into the Apex from the Viper?

Flat Track for 162 or 174?

Thoughts, ideas, comments? I don't know much about asphalt sled drags or any sled drags for that matter.

I see myself putting on an MCXpress 290 kit, then run an MSD ignition to be able build boost on the line on asphalt. Then swap skids and skis and go climb some mountains in the winter.

I've got fox floats in the front so I could easily drop the front, I would think.

Last edited:

depending on how serious you were, I would think you could simply chain down the stock skid and put on an asphalt track. drop the front and away you go. would it be the best drag setup? probably not, but it WOULD be good cheap fun anda great way to keep riding when the snow melts!

I have timbersled rear suspension, do they even make a 174" asphalt track or would I have to go down to like 144"?

03viperguy said:
I honestly havent got a clue. I wouldnt really think so. still have the stock skid?

Stock skid would just be 162".

Tracks USA only has asphalt tracks for 121, 128, and 136.

Last edited:

Back