Bearing cross reference?

sleeper_dave

My vmax (1994 vmax 600ST) has a couple of bad crank bearings. One happens to be particularly expensive from Yamaha.

Is there another source to buy these bearings? The bearing says KOYO 83B207 on it. I've done some searching around and found references to lower prices but the cheapest i've found it was in the $120 range (list is something like $193).

Is there an industrial supply place that can provide the same bearing at a lower cost?

The bearing itself looks good, but there's a retainer that sits in the face of the bearing that is cracked in several places. The seal will hold it in place and it should function okay, but doesn't look like it's right and I need to do something about it while it's out. Is it possible to buy just the retainer?

I just ordered the yamaha parts last night. Found them from metricpartsoutlet.com (formerly yamahapartsdepot.com, apparently) cheaper than most other online places. Ended up being a bit over $200 with shipping, for the big one on the mag side and the 2 smaller ones on the PTO side.

Back