how much oil should i be using??

yamaddiction

i know this has probably already been asked but i went for a ride a couple weeks ago and did around 100 miles and a tank of gas, but i also used around 3/4 of a tank of oil does this sound normal??

well i'm not exactly sure what the srx holds for fuel but i started with a full tank refilled it when i got down to the 1/2 tank mark and buy the time i was done riding it was back at half, so i'm assuming around a full tank of gas which i think is somewhere around 11-12 gallons???.. i also started with a full tank of oil and when i got home i checked it and it was damn near empty...

Something is wrong, I can usually go 3 tanks of fuel before worrying. It also seems that when the light comes on you will definitly have enough oil to run a full tank of fuel. Just by chance was it parked over the summer next to an Arctic Can't, maybee it caught an STD, snowmobile transmitted disease.

jwifferdill said:
My SRX gets about 200 miles to a quart. Sounds like something is screwy with your sled.

I get about the same. Last year it was 100 miles to the quart. The cable was off. I switched to spectro synsnow too 50 to 1.

check the cable gap, it is in the tech pages. If you use a good synthetic oil you can go 1 or 2mm more for a little leaner oil pump setting.

Back