1973 SR 643B Eagle River Build

that thing is really coming together very nicely! great job as always, and keep them pics coming!

Well, here are some updates on where we are at with the sled. We ran into a big set back when trying to get the new jackshaft splined but hopefully all of those problems are now resolved. As you can see, the engine, belt drive system, and rear suspension are all installed and just need some minor tweaks. Nearly all of the wiring is now complete for the sled. We will be running an EGT recordable Tach on the sled as well as an EGT temp sensor to monitor our initial jetting. You can now see how low the secondary clutch sits in the chassis due to the belt drive system rolling the driveaxle and dropping the jackshaft to run through the tunnel.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of some of the front suspension/ski design we have been working on. The boomarang looking piece is very preliminary but will have a fox float shocks attached in the front part and some tie rod ends attached to the back portion. As for the ski spreaders, because we are mounting them on the bottom portion of the spring to lower the sled, we needed to have a large radius cut on them so they did not pull down the spring when they were installed. It is a very beefy piece and fits the curve of the spring perfectly.

Last edited:
very creative and super work on that machine!! i especially love that drive system!! we are pulling for you to blow that popo in the weeds and bring home the victory on a yam!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments guys, it really has been a fun project so far and hopefully all goes well at the dyno testing in a week or two so the sled can be competitive.

averagesleder said:
Very nice, looking forward to seeing it finished. Is lube tank is for the sliders? What do you use, since it can't freeze?

As far as the lube, you can usually use wither windshield washer fluid or antifreeze. At Eagle River, a certain type of anti-freeze will have to be used.

Here is the update for today, lots of pictures...

dsc00647ix.jpg

dsc00649bn.jpg

dsc00650xqi.jpg

dsc00652r.jpg

dsc00653f.jpg

The sled is looking great. Really like waht you have done so far. Also do you have a extra 643 recoil you would like to sell. And a set of skis. Just thought i would ask.
Thanks joey

I do not believe we have any extra recoils for the SR chassis. In terms of the stocks skis, we have some and they are a little rough but I can get some pictures for you if you would like. As far as the phazer, it is one of our customers sleds.

Yeah, we ran it up to the dyno last weekend and had the sled just pig rich for the testing. We were really happy with the torque numbers but the hp could have been slightly higher. I would rather post numbers later but if we can get it set up in time, the sled should be competitive.

I will get a video clip of the sled running asap but yes those raises in the hood are from factory.

Back