Need quick help, how to remove jackshaft!!

fortress

hi!! Do i need to remove the brake caliper and parking brake to remove the jackshaft?? I need to change the bearing!!! I doN't have my "mechanical man" to do that for me!!

its the bearing of the side of the secondary!! I 'm trying to remove the jackshaft but no space!! With what i saw, do i need to remove the coolant hose and remove the coolant tank and remove the braek ???? tell me no please !

THe right question is, how to completely remove the jackshaft out of the sled!!! I cannot pull the jackshaft by the side of the secondary cuz no space,!

sockleypew you are in a perdickument tabernack it is the same as removeing for a track yes the chain case has to come off to let you remove jack shaft no the ct bottle stays and the cable only comes off the brake *** you dont need a puller but you do need meckanecal ability and take your time there is seals and spacers that dont like haveing drive shafts and jack shafts pressing aginst them on reassembly

blue who said:
sockleypew you are in a perdickument tabernack it is the same as removeing for a track yes the chain case has to come off to let you remove jack shaft no the ct bottle stays and the cable only comes off the brake *** you dont need a puller but you do need meckanecal ability and take your time there is seals and spacers that dont like haveing drive shafts and jack shafts pressing aginst them on reassembly

thx blue for the info, well well, i wasnt thinking it was so complicated !! but in place of removing the chaincase and the brake, i have found a way, earlier today, to remove the jackshaft whitout removing the brake and the chaincase ;)))

dont lose the spacer behind the brake caliper wat did you do bend the side of the sled down and pull it out clutch side//??????????????////////

blue who said:
dont lose the spacer behind the brake caliper wat did you do bend the side of the sled down and pull it out clutch side//??????????????////////

no, i have bend the coolant tank after i have removed the screw that retain the coolant tank. I was able to take the jackshaft apart after that. But i dont think it will work with the bearing on the jackshaft, not enough space.. My old bearing was completely destroyed except a little piece that i had to remove.. So, without bearing it work but not sure with the bearing on!

hope you understand what i mean, remember that i'm french and i just speak a little in english :) !!

hey fortress...HOW did you get the shaft out..???i just changed the bearing in my srx....i couldnt do it without removing everything..???you must have been luckey..i didnt have enough room to get the shaft out of the seal in the chaincase.. you did good...changing the bearing like that... ;)! .

JJVIPER said:
hey fortress...HOW did you get the shaft out..???i just changed the bearing in my srx....i couldnt do it without removing everything..???you must have been luckey..i didnt have enough room to get the shaft out of the seal in the chaincase.. you did good...changing the bearing like that... ;)! .

lol!! maybe my english is not enough good !!! i ahve removed the chaincase cover and the gear but did not remove the brake and the chaincase.. I have removed the jackshaft out of the sled, like i said, by the coolant tank.. I have not removed the cooland tank but just bend the tank!!! But like i said, with the bearing on the shaft, i dont think it will work,,

oh wee wee now i see just did mine had to bye a new shaft bearing worn the metal and new bearing was to loose got luckey and got one at a wreckers in orillia yamy wanted 250 bucks boy i wont do that again cya

Back