Carb help

danlee

New to this forum,

My daughters TTR225 will only run if the choke stays on, after doing alittle research I found the pilot jet may need to be cleaned, the problem is I went to unscrew this and the head of the screw got all messed up, can't unscrew it the rest of the way out....anyone have any good ideas on how to get this out?

Thanks

Dan :dunno:

impact driver might do it or you may need to take a trip to hardware store and by a screw out set

I am not sure if you got it out, but you can also take a cut off wheel and slot the head, then use a straight blade screwdriver to get out the old screw. replace with a new one.

Not familar with the ttr225. But the pilots I have messed with have the little tube around screw head right? I would think you may be able to crush tube with a good pair of vise grips and get a good bite on pilot and same time. Not sure how much room you have to work with But I highly recomend being careful about rotation versus side to side loading of pilot as I would suspect it may snap off. Probably would have to order replacements from yami dealer, still cheaper than a carb!

Back