issue with carbs... on 91 phazer.. need help!

91Phazer2011

i am havin an issue from what i believe is the carbs.. it starts on one pull with the choke on. i let it idle with it on and then i turn it off.. it runs like a rapped ape for about thirty seconds and then boggs out almost to a stall so i turn the choke back on it then runs great again so i turn it back off.. after thrityu seconds it starts to bogg again!!.. i just got done thoughally cleaning the carbs.. a bit gummed up but now they r clean.. so idk?. help plz and thanks

I would have to say your pilot jets are still dirty, and or the circuits are dirty. Float bowls could be sticking also. Did you adjust them to spec once cleaned? To me sounds if your on the right track just need to be spot on with everything. More will chime in for sure. All spec settings for your sled will be in tech section under stock specs on home page. I would give you a link but i can never get a tech page link to work. chris.

yea i am gonna clean em once again and double check it.. Its jus so aggrivatin lol... But thanks chris i appreciate it.. i hope ot works thanks again

It would seem to be a fuel delivery problem.

There is a fuel filter on the end of the pick up hose in the tank. Hook it out with a piece of wire with a hook on the end and check to see if it is plugged.

Check the fuel pump diaphragms for holes and the check valves for leakage.

There may be an air leak in the fuel hose from the tank or the hose inside the tank, or the pulse hose between the fuel pump and crankcase.

Back