All Classifieds Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is a terrible thing for the site, sure 15$ is no big deal, but the guy who wants to sell his sled/parts and is not an active user, is not going to pay the $ and wait around for approval to post something he can post for free on every other snowmobile site on the web, as well as craigslist etc. The classifieds will be only the guys that live and breath this site. That's too bad, I bought my sled off this site from a guy that had 1 post (that sled) and needed out of it quick, guys like that will not be posting in the classifieds any longer. Others have stated that these sites are made up of the MEMBERS. Way to say thanks.

8.1chevHD said:
I think this is a terrible thing for the site, sure 15$ is no big deal, but the guy who wants to sell his sled/parts and is not an active user, is not going to pay the $ and wait around for approval to post something he can post for free on every other snowmobile site on the web, as well as craigslist etc. The classifieds will be only the guys that live and breath this site. That's too bad, I bought my sled off this site from a guy that had 1 post (that sled) and needed out of it quick, guys like that will not be posting in the classifieds any longer. Others have stated that these sites are made up of the MEMBERS. Way to say thanks.

Exactly, WAY TO SAY THANKS!!! :o|

WHOA,...I've not been on here since before the rules change, but one look at the short list of classifieds told me something had changed,...indeed it has!
Probly won't be my first stop when surfing for yamaha sales any longer with the limited resources now.

snoway said:
WHOA,...I've not been on here since before the rules change, but one look at the short list of classifieds told me something had changed,...indeed it has!
Probly won't be my first stop when surfing for yamaha sales any longer with the limited resources now.

Way to support the site...

Nytro XTX Circus said:
Way to support the site...

been a life member for 3 or 4 years,...just posting my reaction to the "short list" of classifieds as compared to my past experience on TY.....LOOK!,....theres an elephant in the room!!!!

hey, not every idea turns out to be a good one,....we all make mistakes,....its the successful that are willing to see them , change, and move on.

snoway said:

Wouldn't you feel better knowing that you are buying from someone who is committed to having a successful sale that they are willing to pay to ensure that? I know I would feel more confident in purchasing from someone who is a paying VIP member versus someone who only has 5 posts. Plus nearly all VIP member use paypal which ensures a smooth and fair sale between both parties. It sounds like TY is trying to protect all the great members on this site, not hinder them from selling.

snoway said:
been a life member for 3 or 4 years,...just posting my reaction to the "short list" of classifieds as compared to my past experience on TY.....LOOK!,....theres an elephant in the room!!!!

hey, not every idea turns out to be a good one,....we all make mistakes,....its the successful that are willing to see them , change, and move on.

This site isnt about the classifieds, it about the tech. Im tired of baby sitting the free loaders looking to make a buck or screwing the next guy....

There is always an exception and if you cant support the change and look at the good then why bother having the site at all.

15.00..lol...do the math if you think he's getting rich...I saved 15.00 within the first 15min I found the site..toss the complainers..

One things for certain...The classified section is really beginning to look like a bone yard more and more each day.

I'm speaking for myself here, and as someone who has a business in sales. I don't sell sleds for a living, but rather automotive aftermarket and high performance parts. Most of my sales are on ebay, and out of every transaction I make, I pay eBay and PayPal an average of 13% of the total sale- including the shipping!
Look at it this way, sell a $5000 sled. If you list on Craigslist, sure you can sell for free, but how far are you going to reach with your ad, and be realistic? Your local market? If you live in an area where there are tons of sleds you might have someone checkin out your ad from further away, but most likely you're going to sit on it, and keep re-posting forever until you drop your price enough someone finally takes it. Been there, done that.
The other sites do have free listings as well, but take into consideration this is the LARGEST site in the world for one brand, so most Yamaha fans would be looking here, and not to mention, many of the sleds are known by others, so you're less likely to be buying something from someone who you don't know, or isn't known.
Lastly, this is a privately owned site. Mr Sled shoulders the burden for the sites expenses himself, and I'm sure many other people could tell better than I can what a site of this size costs to operate each month, but I know it's far from free.
In my opinion, the benifits far outweigh the cost of a VIP, which shows your support for the best sled site on the web. I dare anyone to find a place that offers the same atmosphere, tech, and great people as this?

I think your taking this too personal MrSled. You're the man and you make the calls. Don't let this crap get to ya.

oh, and for the record..I am not a complainer and I stepped up. Just simply sharing an observation...free speech.

Zachalyse said:
You're the man and you make the calls. Don't let this crap get to ya.
QUOTE]

agreed. consider all the b!t^$ing and leaving "culling the herd". TY is about the TECH and sharing your/our experiences and knowledge. i know that the time i put into this site is going to save me much more the 15$, not to mention i will most likely keep more skin on my knuckles and my kids will learn less profanity while im wrenching thanks to the sound advice given by the many helpfull individuals on this GREAT site. period.

:bash:

MrSled said:
Would be nice to see all of you complainers step up for once.. then maybe it woudnt be so much of a problem.

Word, it is quite difficult to tell if an idea will or will not work unless you invest into it, in this case investing a mere $15.

Vip

I would like to give you some positive feedback. I have been a member for for several years and for the $15 it takes I feel it is a minimum fee for the value I get from this site. It is not often that you can see and get so much information on specific products. We are enthusiasts and like getting the feedback that comes from members and non members as it helps decisions on what or what not to do with issues we have with our sleds. You don't see this with the other manufactures as they would have some real issues with comes out. I have sold things and boughht things from this site and have had great success with the vendors that care to support the site. I for one appreciate all the effort that goes into this site. I put a sled up for sale on craigslist and have received no less than 8 scam emails and calls. Never got any from this site. Keep up the great work and I for one hope you have a little fun when your doing it.
On another note didn't get to say hi at the TY ride in last winter. Hung out and spoke to one of the tech guys for a couple of hours and didn't even take a ride on one of the new sleds. Well there is always this year! Thanks for all the stuff you guys do!!!

MrSled said:
If you dont want to be a VIP...thats fine. I am not asking you to brake the bank... nor am I asking you to be a paying member to post on the site...

The biggest reason this has come up is because I am tired of dealing with emails from users that need me to fix their problems with bad transactions and bad users. The number 2 reasons is that we have so many guys parting out sleds and saying they are not making money and cant affords at least a VIP membership to give back to the site.... so you can thank the bad users and free loaders for this change not my pocket book.

This time is taking away from the time I need to keep the server safe and to create tech info for the users that need it.

If you are going to bitch about it, its not going to help your cause only make you look like one of the listed.

Maybe I need to sell the site to the offer I received in the last month and then you can have the new company take you to the cleaners....obviously there is no gratitude....

15 bucks well worth it! GREAT INFO GOOD HELP AND GOOD SELLERS
Money needs to come from some where to support site. Glad to help.
THANKS FOR A GREAT SITE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back