2011 Demo Ride Pics

Sweet! Is this something you do every year Tom? How is the PS on the Vector and Apex? My sis has a 700 Grizzly with the EPS and it seems pretty sweet. I like it on the ATVs for sure but when it comes to sleds, I wont lie, Im kind of a purist... but still curious nonetheless... Oh also did you check out the skid on the Vector? I read its a non ra clicker shock.

i was there and did test drive the venture with eps and the apex xtx. it really makes it easy to turn the skis at any speed. it is a bit weird at 1st how easy they turn but once you get used to it, it is a blast to drive. demo ride is usually on the march ty ride. my 1st time for the march ride but it was really worth it. did not get into the rear skid but it did ride really well for conditions.

sleds i rode where nitro xtx, apex se, apex xtx (my next sled), phazer and venture with eps.

SXRider7Hundo said:
Sweet! Is this something you do every year Tom? How is the PS on the Vector and Apex? My sis has a 700 Grizzly with the EPS and it seems pretty sweet. I like it on the ATVs for sure but when it comes to sleds, I wont lie, Im kind of a purist... but still curious nonetheless... Oh also did you check out the skid on the Vector? I read its a non ra clicker shock.

We have been doing this every year over the past few years as long as Yamaha leaves a spot open for us. The power steering is awesome... it makes the sled feel about 200 lbs lighter... really removes a lot of shoulder and arm fatigue that you dont even realize you have.

You are correct on the skid, it is a non ra clicker, it has to be adjusted now from under the tunnel on the shock body... really a stupid move if you ask me.

LaPorte429 said:
Does the PS deactivate at a certain speed? I would imagine that could become dangerous when moving right along.

Yes the PS is speed sensitive with the greatest amount from 0 to 35 mph and gradually tappers of as speed increases.

Oh okay, that makes perfect sense. PS was a novel idea on Yamaha's part, sounds like they do it justice with the velocity sensitivity.

MrSled said:
We have been doing this every year over the past few years as long as Yamaha leaves a spot open for us. The power steering is awesome... it makes the sled feel about 200 lbs lighter... really removes a lot of shoulder and arm fatigue that you dont even realize you have.

You are correct on the skid, it is a non ra clicker, it has to be adjusted now from under the tunnel on the shock body... really a stupid move if you ask me.

From what I read in SnowGoer, Yamaha claimed "focus groups stated that riders usually set it and forget it (RA shock)."

Maybe they were wrong... I personally though would like the idea, JMO if it has a quality shock it should be set for the riders weight and be able to handle a variety of conditions... in a perfect world of course.

SXRider7Hundo said:
From what I read in SnowGoer, Yamaha claimed "focus groups stated that riders usually set it and forget it (RA shock)."

Maybe they were wrong... I personally though would like the idea, JMO if it has a quality shock it should be set for the riders weight and be able to handle a variety of conditions... in a perfect world of course.

Well its not like you can adjust it on the fly anyway but at least the RA was not all full of snow and ice to make a quick trail side change...

Back