1980 SRX clutch

Floader

I am a new owner of a 1980 SRX 440. Sled is in overall great shape but needs a few things. The clutch is toast, outer sheave is badly worn. I would like to know what years/models are good donors? Also, the rubber boots over the steering knuckles are falling off, is there a source for them?
Other than that, any tips about common problems and fixes would be appreciated. :)

Leon Koch sells repro rubber boots. He might help you with other issues as well.

i have a set of nos yamaha original boots for that srx. $150 + shiping. ALSO FIND A COMET CLUTCH FOR THAT SLED. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I dont really know how much I will be ride the thing. I think I would like keep it all original. Its about 95% stock from what I can tell, seems a shame to go banging around with it. Its really kind of a pretty sled.

Is it worth putting a comet on it just to take it on a few vintage rides with my old man?

unless you want to keep it original go with a comet it will alot less mataince as the originals require a check up aleast every other ride yes Leon sells the boot or contact Lee fredrickson at classic muscle sleds for fiberglass repops that are ten times stronger plus they help support the belly pan better they are perfect repos and the way they come look original

Nutz

Back