2000 SRX 700 vs 2012 F800 Sno Pro

Yes sir...good job. just shows that the old srx's can hold her own...and should still be produced, imagine where they would be today if yamaha kept laying the technology into them...

TALK TO THREE YAMAHA REPS IN 1998 AND THEY TOLD ME THE SRX WAS BUILT FOR GRASS RACING. THIS VIDEO STILL CONFIRMS THAT 13 YEARS LATER. THERE OF BEEN SNOW ON THE GROUND HERE ANDY, MIGHT OF BEEN A DIFFERENT STORIE. STILL IMPRESSIVE BEATING THE NEW WITH OLD. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Yes Tony thats what I told the AC driver in different conditions way different outcome

hey atleast ya know how to pick your race, I've heard the new cats are to be fast, on the lakes those turbos can be tough with bolt on's.

GUY I KNOW HERE CLOSE BUY BOUGHT A 2012 Z-1. HOPE HE BRINGS IT ON THE GRASS BUT I DOUBT IT. I HAVE A GUY WITH A D& D F-1000 THATS WANTS TO RUN MY 2000 SRX. WILL SEE!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

You need to put that srx up on a stand and clean it out before ya race, they like the heat and need to be cleaned out. Those f-7's can be a pain if set up correctly, to much weight difference. good races thou

A race prepped, studded or chiseled, clutched and geared sled squeaking out a win against a bone stock, unstudded, not broken in full ride height sled with 1.25" track is impressive???? Yeah for the cat!! Sorry guys

jminor1 said:
A race prepped, studded or chiseled, clutched and geared sled squeaking out a win against a bone stock, unstudded, not broken in full ride height sled with 1.25" track is impressive???? Yeah for the cat!! Sorry guys

There is no replacement for displacement. But other than that I see where you are coming from.

and Andy spent a small amount of money to buy that SRX compared to the guy with the AC who probably spent like $12,000 or more..I think he is feeling pretty good considering the age and cost difference between the 2 sleds.While Andy's sled is paid off,,the AC guy is probably making monthly payments on his..Andy is way further ahead here also.Andy is having a blast with his SRX..bet you the AC guy is a little pissed off he lost...them AC guys are not to considerate towards Yamaha's.I am in AC country myself and I'll tell you them guys out here(next to the Ski-doos) are the most unfriendly riders around..Had a F8 try to catch me on a River ride last year,and my SRX wasn't running 100%.He thought he would pass me after a mile run..but didn't..lol

jminor1 said:

The CAT agreed to the race.......didn't he ? I'm just sayin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkdmu2M7qFo

Last edited:

Back