What was your first sled you rode on?

twisters kick butt in racing, man i use to just drool when i saw a nice picture of a twister,thanks blue chicago for taking me back to my childhood...

70's 440 silver Bullet Skidoo. This was all motor not much else to it. Hauled ***, but no turn. Straightaways were great. Soc

1970 Arctic Cat Panther 440.... LayLo (sp?) engine... would do about 45 mph... had the cleated track... would go absolutely ANYWHERE without getting stuck.. up any hill.... across any stretch of ice, etc... had a seat that seemed like it would seat 4 people (hey, I was 10 years old when my dad bought that sled... probably would seat 4 people my size!).

Now riding a 97 V Max 600 XTC.... just a bit different than that Panther!

1st ride came compliments of a 69 Evinrude with a big orange seat that seemed about 6 feet long.

No problem Red,

I found this site on the web, and it blows my mind what all the sleds use to look like. And marketing adds.....wow!

Alot of changes.

First sled I ever rode was a 1969 Yamaha SL-351, and the following year I was riding a 1970 SS-396, then in previous years I roade a new GP-292 and a GP-643.

First sled was a 70' Skidoo Olympic 12/3, ...my dad bought this in 69/70' for ice fishing derby's, ...which was basically a big drunk (times have changed). I have'nt been on a snowmobile since the early 70's and just picked it up about a year ago, ...would like to find another 70 12/3 in collectible shape (if I had the room).

Attachments

• 1968_SKI_DOO_1_PP253.jpg
    1968_SKI_DOO_1_PP253.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 56
I had a Evinrude skimmer 440 similar to this one below.

1975_EVINRUDE_SKIMMER_650_SG34.jpg

Jees I can remember these damn JD Liquifire 440, they were fast and the clothing was fast also I freaked over this chick.Damn memorys are coming back.Oh baby.
1978_JOHN_DEERE_LIQUIFIRE_PP667.jpg

1970 ski poo olympic was grand fathers rode it as a kid about 8-10yrs old was mint until he gave it to me at 18 rode it about 50 miles and totaled it racing my buddy on his arctic crap

1969 Arctic Cat Panther. She was modded up with a 500cc air cooled Kohler engine. Damn muffler was blown out and it was so odd that I could not find a replacement, I would scare children back onto the sidewalk! It ran with Jag 340s in the day, but what a lumber wagon. I remember staring at the drive belt rolling on the secondary thinking if that let go my arm would get blown off. A true beast of a sled.

1972 scorpion stinger 292cc top speed 45 -50 MPH i thought at the time when i was 9-10 years old it was the fastest thing in the world lol i think arctic cat bought out scorpion way back was my grandfathers sled

First sled I rode was my cousins Kitty Kat, and then we graduated from that to his dad's Moto-Ski 440, Grandpa then bought me a John Deere 400(340cc). From there I bought a buddies '79 Kawasaki Invader(cool headlight) cold'nt keep pistons in it so sold it and bought a brand new 1997 ZL440, traded it on 2000 MM600 and sold it for my current 2002 MM700 and now looking at an '03 or '04 Viper

1972 Massey Furgeson Ski Whiz 400t. What a tank. We thought we were king shit on turd island when we broke 60mph on it..

1971 skirule, 440 fichl & sachs, 21' wide track. (looks just like the new sleds they use in russia now) Then a 76' 340 jag. Tore the bumper off, pulling each other around on a innertube. (Rope got around a tree somehow?) Now thats what I call good old fashioned dangerous fun!

1976 Enticer 300 or a 1972 Suzuki 400. The Suzy was a real beast compared to the Yami. Funnny story is: I was about 10yrs old and rode the brand spanking new Yami (less than 10 miles on it) with my dad and hit a bump at a "T" and hit the throttle and put it into the tree's. Dented the chit out of the front end and thought my mom was going to kill me since it was her brand new sled. Very traumatic, cried all the way home!

Da fin

Back