Phazer Hard to start in warm weather...Stator?

S.S.Viper

Hey Guys...

I bought this machine(1985 Phazer Deluxe) awhile back and it would run sweet in -5c or below weather. I just had to load it up from my folks and it just doesn't wanna fire up.
However..the next day when the temps dropped it fired up with a few extra pulls..however I noticed it would run on one cylinder.
In the deep of winter it'll run fine on both cylinders and but preseason I'd
have a hard time...I took it into the dealership twice and they said it was my carbs...but I noticed a weak spark and am thinking otherwise..

Curious..could this be a Stator/Magneto thing? Should I replace?...Can I check the spark voltage/amp etc to be sure?...

Thanx

YOP

clean the carbs sounds like the pilot system is plugged up but i could be crank seals also being its age i would change the crank seals anyway get it running and spray carb spray around the clutch and around the recoil area try to spray by the timing hole ..............if it starts to hit on both ot cuts out on a cylinder the crank seals are bad also diconnect the TORS at the carbs and plug them back into each other to make sure this is not giving you a problem

Nutz

If it's running poor in wArmer weather that would suggest it's running too rich. Not sure if it's the same motor/carb setup but i had a 99 phazer that did the same thing. I dad to adjust the idle circuit mixture. Should be an adjustment screw on the carb.

Back