Yamaha Sno-sport. 3:16

YAMMIEGOD3:16

guys, found one been sitting for three years. wow, what a project.
1. HAS SPARK
2. CLEANED CARB
3. FRESH GAS
4. FRESH PLUG
5. RAN FOR ABOUT EIGHT SECONDS AND DIED. FOUND BIG MOUSE NEST IN AIR BOX. ALL CLEAN. WHAT AM I MISSING ? ANYBODY. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

I've fought with these and scoot carbs for years. On many occasion the only cure was a new carb. Not cheap!!

I have heard they are extremely tempermental carb wise. Guess its common to just get a new one and trouble dissapear.
Ours runs pretty good, but recently started to flood just sitting over night. I may look into getting a new carb to save the hastle.

Mouse nest in the pipe too Tony?????????

I've had a plugged pipe snuff an ET 300 just as you described.

opsled

Tony, I wish I found one here too. Those are really a wanted item here. My kids would love one.

Ike

WELL ALITTLE PROGRESS, BUT STILL WON,T TAKE OFF. TOOK FUEL PUMP APART LOOKED GREAT INSIDE. HAD IT FIRE AND IDLE FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS AND DIE. HOWIE HAVE A GOOD EXTRA FUEL PUMP I CAN TRY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Wish I had one to loan you Tony, but sorry I dont.. If the fuel pump looks ok then it's likely the carb. Have had 0 luck rebuilding them so far. New one from "Big Y" is 300ish..... worth trying to go through it,you might get lucky. Prove the fuel pump first, it's a lot cheaper than a carb. I think you can use any generic single pump for testing. You just won't be able to mount it....

Back