TY Ride Info 2011 -2012!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
December 16th –18th Houghton/Hancock Ride
Please call and Book your rooms at the Ramada in Houghton/Hancock by Nov 16th.
Make sure you tell them you are with the Totallyamaha Riders Group to get the rate of $81.00/ Night. There is a limited block of rooms smoking and non smoking available so book your room as soon as possible. 1-(906) 482-8400
Pool, Jacuzzi, Bar and Restaurant

January 6th – 8Th Gwinn MI
This is now finalized:

We will be staying at The Model Town Inn located in Gwinn WI for a rate of $59.95 per night. http://modeltowneinn.com/.(906) 346-7901. Make sure you tell them you are with the Totallyamaha Riders Group and book as soon as you can as there is a limited block of rooms available. Book by Dec 6th.

TY Northern Minnesota TY ride as Cancelled/postponed

More Info: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=103559

February 2nd - 6th Munising TY Give-Away Ride
Please call and Book your rooms at the Comfort Inn in Munising MI by Dec 30th. Make sure you tell them you are with the Totallyamaha Riders Group to get the rate of $75 per night. There is a limited block rooms available so book your room as soon as possible. 1-906-387-5292
Pool, Jacuzzi, and Lounge. New breakfast additions at the Comfort Inn; Biscuits and Gravy, Eggs and much more.
More hotels for the Munising area: http://www.munising.org/munising/lodging.html

February 17 thru 19th Western Wisconsin St Croix Falls Ride
Dalles House Motel in St Croix Falls (715) 483-3206 or 888-725-6913. They will guarantee the rate of $64 a night for any room, not a suite. Must say that you are with Totallyamaha to get the rate.
They will only be holding this rate for us until Jan 27th. This ride last year brought some of the best trails in the state to ride on... if your close you need to come and ride here.

Manitoba TY Ride
Info Coming soon!!.

Feb 23-26 Year End Demo TY Ride
This is now finalized:

The Demos will be exclusive to TY Members on the 24th and open to the public on the 25 and 26th
We will be staying at The Best Western in Ishpeming MI. 906-485-6345. Make sure you tell them you are with the Totallyamaha Riders Group to get the rate of $80 per night. There is a limited block rooms available so book your room as soon as possible. Book by Jan 23rd.

There will be other rides popping up throughout the year such as the Manitoba Ride, Eastern Ride (Maine and New York) and Minnesota Ride so watch for more info on those rides and try to join us!!!! You won’t regret it!!! If anyone has any solid dates I will gladly add the rides to the above listings.

Please see http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82153 for the TY Riders Agreement before attending any posted ride.

staggs65 said:
04rxw10 (jake) said he'd work with me on it. just want to make sure someone else hasn't agreed to do it first.

Sounds great!! We need to make sure we get everything posted on both sides, or when you get everything set up, I can work with you both on getting the word out.

supercharged111 said:
I do love a good battle. I live for the twisties, you can have the straights.

Our rides are not a race or a battle .... we leave that to the track. Safety of our riders and others on the trail is number one.... driving out of control and taking the entire trail causes accidents and we will not allow that kind of driving on our rides.

MrSled said:
Our rides are not a race or a battle .... we leave that to the track. Safety of our riders and others on the trail is number one.... driving out of control and taking the entire trail causes accidents and we will not allow that kind of driving on our rides.

Exactly!

Track? What track? I don't need the whole trail and I don't drive out of control. Putsing along at 70mph is boring though, might as well drive a car. That's why I like the corners since they actually involve skill to negotiate. I like a bumpy trail too as it also makes it more difficult. That said, it's not my goal to be the biggest swinging piece of meat on the trail, to endanger anyone else, or to push anyone beyond their limits. I'm just out there to do what it is that's fun for me. Why buy a 100mph sled if you're only going to go slow?

Last edited:
supercharged111 said:
Track? What track? I don't need the whole trail and I don't drive out of control. Putsing along at 70mph is boring though, might as well drive a car. That's why I like the corners since they actually involve skill to negotiate. I like a bumpy trail too as it also makes it more difficult. That said, it's not my goal to be the biggest swinging piece of meat on the trail, to endanger anyone else, or to push anyone beyond their limits. I'm just out there to do what it is that's fun for me. Why buy a 100mph sled if you're only going to go slow?

You feel better now ;)! , My point was not to degrade you, my point was why challenge us... I dont want the perspective to TY users that we ride like a bunch of crazys on a TY ride.

Its a perceptive thing and the wrong impression does not help either.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't get the impression that I was trying to beat my chest on here. I ride for fun, not to prove a point. If I lose a "challenge", oh well, you can bet I had fun either way. I totally get the stigma you're trying to avoid, nothing like a bunch of kids rolling into town and destroying everything. I'm not that way, it's kind of hard to illustrate from behind the keyboard. Going back to my original post, it's not my idea of fun to find a large group and dust them all, rather I hope to find a skilled rider within that group to have fun with.

Last edited:
supercharged111 said:
I just wanted to make sure you didn't get the impression that I was trying to beat my chest on here. I ride for fun, not to prove a point. If I lose a "challenge", oh well, you can bet I had fun either way. I totally get the stigma you're trying to avoid, nothing like a bunch of kids rolling into town and destroying everything. I'm not that way, it's kind of hard to illustrate from behind the keyboard. Going back to my original post, it's not my idea of fun to find a large group and dust them all, rather I hope to find a skilled rider within that group to have fun with.

I understand now that you see the ride the way I do... you have to have fun just not at others expense. It looks much better that we cleared up the intention of your post and sorry if I didnt quite understand.

We just found out the Red Fox Inn in KI Sawyer is closing so we need to find a new Hotel for the 1st Ride in Jan and Demo Ride in Feb. I am working on this and will post something as soon as I can. Anyone have any suggestions, lets hear em :)

Back