srx bender 835

jsand117

I have a 2001 srx 835 thats case ported, am i leaving much power on the table not using the 38 carbs?? I do have bender big volume pipes, i use the sled for trail riding, do the biger carbs take away from trailability?? Lets hear it from the experts

The larger carbs do not take away at all from the trailability, and yes, you are leaving quite a bit of power on the table.

You will need to extend the cable mounting bracket by about 1" on the carbs so that you can still use the stock SRX throttle cable, and have a nice, easy pull. Every other cable for 38's that I tried was a nightmare to pull.

You can also use the stock carb boots, and run the airbox. You will have to modify and reverse the boots in the airbox. Also the 38mm carbs are a pain in the *** to squeeze onto the intake boots. You'll get the hang of it after a few attempts.

You will want a newer set of Mach Z carbs. 1999 or newer. Or, you'll be swapping out nozzles and needles, and they aren't cheap.

You will probably end up being in the neighborhood of 45's or 50's for pilots, and around 480's on the mains.

The 35.5's or 36mm bored carbs do flow very well, but if you are coming from a set of 33's, then yes, there is quite a bit to be had there.

What reeds are you running?

I am using v-force reeds. what parts have to be changed in the carbs?/ i talkes to george that use to set up ingred nelsons srx's from bender racing back when they first came out with the 835 and he told me 430 mains, 40 pilot, air screw 3.5 to 4 out clip in the middle. i wrote this down but there may be better set ups out now. the carbs he said to use had to be 99 mach z

You won't have to change anything in the carbs if you get 1999 or newer mach z carbs.

You are going to want to have 8ADY-1 needles in there, with o-2 or o-4 nozzles, and if you do, you'll need more fuel than 430's.

Buffalobob has to run 40's for pilots in his 835, and I believe he runs 470's for trail safe jetting. He runs his clip in the middle.

I run a 780, and need 45's for pilots, and I run 460's for mains. I run my clip one step richer. However, I am running 40.5mm bored carbs, and they pull the fuel differently.

jsand117 said:
do you have any line on a rack of carbs?? I may as well pull the rest of the power out of the engine. Hey, thanks for your help.. Jim

I have a rack I'll part with for $100. Bought them for my 780 and lost interest in doing it.

You won't have to change anything in the carbs if you get 1999 or newer mach z carbs.

You are going to want to have 8ADY-1 needles in there, with o-2 or o-4 nozzles, and if you do, you'll need more fuel than 430's.

Buffalobob has to run 40's for pilots in his 835, and I believe he runs 470's for trail safe jetting. He runs his clip in the middle.

I run a 780, and need 45's for pilots, and I run 460's for mains. I run my clip one step richer. However, I am running 40.5mm bored carbs, and they pull the fuel differently.

So with the 8ADY needles and O-4 nozzles you still run the middle clip position? Isn't the O-2 and O-4 nozzles different sizes, there for O-4 would be more rich then the O-2 nozzles?

Back