Exciter Clutching

87YAMAHA-570

Hey guys, i ggot my exciter out but i finally noticed how much botom end power its missing my cluck engages at 2300rpms and idle at 1900 it bogs down i was wondering what clutch spring i could put in to make it engage at 4500 or 5000 rpm thank you . i have a aaen dealer buy my house to i might just go ask them

First you need to find out what it has in it right now. If is should be stock I would just double check the spring and ensure that it is. Stock spring should be white and purple and that is supposed to have an engagement of 3400rpm. Knowing that, I would first find out why it isn't engaging at the correct RPM. All said and done, I would maybe try a w-p-w, but others on this site will have more incite then I will.

SX600abuser said:
First you need to find out what it has in it right now. If is should be stock I would just double check the spring and ensure that it is. Stock spring should be white and purple and that is supposed to have an engagement of 3400rpm. Knowing that, I would first find out why it isn't engaging at the correct RPM. All said and done, I would maybe try a w-p-w, but others on this site will have more incite then I will.
thank you i looked i have the stock spring in but its worn to the point of no used i went to aaen and they ordered a pink white long spring they say the engagment will be around 4900 or 5100 depending on shims itle be here in a week

what year 87 ex 570 ................run a 45 degee helix (8u7 i believe) blue yellow secondary spring st in B-2 primary 82m or 84 m weights and a yellow green sping engage ment should be about 4300 rpm ...........should rev out to 7250 i like this set up but have others we have used for racing

Yamaha Nutz ive seen your sleds there pretty sick u had them at the tichigan swap meet right? me and my uncle jim where checkin them out

Back