LED buld color?

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I've been trying to find this answer in a search but am not sure yet so can someone chime in here and say for sure as to what color LED bulb is supposed to be used with the stock red lens?

I was told at one point that you cant see the red shine through the red of the lense. I was looking for LED bulbs for the brake lights in my truck for a while and gave up on the idea because of this. No one could give me a definite answer.

Red LED bulbs for red lenses. The intensity of the clear bulb is too high for the red lense that is designed for a regular bulb with a wide light dispersment. The clear LED will shine almost pink in the center of the lense or atleast that is what I discovered when testing different bulbs

stein700sx said:
The clear LED will shine almost pink in the center of the lense or atleast that is what I discovered when testing different bulbs

I'll second that. I have an entire shipload of leds that I have tested and won't use. Red lense=red bulb......amber lense=amber bulb.

Interesting... It's funny how the answers to even automotive questions just randomly turn up on this site, although usually in a different form. Now I remember why I love this place haha.

Back