Windows 7 issue

stein700sx

VIP Member
Just purchased a laptop for the garage. I can login but I can not open any threads. Gives me an Internet Explorer error. If I go to the 4stroke side it works fine. Any ideas?

Edit: I posted this with my regular PC which is running XP

Last edited:

couldn't tell you why,but I hate Windows 7.I have xp on my laptop and it works just great.I find Windows 7 a pain and slower.Maybe you have to update Windows 7 and do some diagnostics.

I am running windows 7 on my home comp which I frequent the site on and have no issues. I think you may need to accept certain cookies or certificates.. Idk

**After reading below - I am also using IE9. You may have to do the updates as there are security issues and wont let you use the older versions.

Last edited:
I'm with MrSled on this one... scrap IE and get Firefox. I've been running Firefox on my Vaio laptop since it was new in 2005. I have NEVER had a problem running it. My dad bought a brand new Toshiba laptop and had problems with IE as well. Installed Firefox and its been good to him ever since.

I access this site everyday using IE 9 on Windows Vista Home Premium, I've never had a problem with it. Let the flaming begin, because I know many don't like IE and many many more absolutely hate on Vista :)

It really is a preference. Some hate Firefox and some hate IE. I dont hate IE but for me, Firefox is much easier to use. And I LOVE Windows XP... Best Windows operating system to date for reliablilty.

got tired of windows and IE, so i jumped ship and got a mac notebook. i use safari for internet. works awesome!

well I have to say I switched to FireFox on both my laptops.WOW..there is a difference for sure.My Dell is finally working again..IE just didn't work on it..now my Toshiba works awesome also..no more "not responding" issue,s coming up anymore..bonus..

I have the Dell in the basement Office and a router set up so I can take my Toshiba anywhere upstairs and garage... ;)!

Back