1.375 track for SRX possible, recommended????

otis700

I have an 02 srx with stock studded track. I want to go to a 1.25 and if possible 1.375. Because I'll no longer be running studs, want to maximize my traction by going with the 1.375. Camoplast carries a 121 - 1.375" track (fully clipped and notched for tunnel protectors), PN 1602-154 that weighs 41 lb.s, only 2 lb.s more than the ripsaw.

Questions:
1) Will this fit okay with tunnel and h.exchanger protectors removed?
2) Will hyfax hold up. Most riding on trails in n.east. (have larger idler wheels installed)
3) How much top end loss? Will likely gear down 1 tooth to help pull heavier track.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

I have run 1.5" and now have a 1.75" track on a 01 srx, the 1.75" is the largest that will fit with 9 tooth drivers, (the protectors must be removed), they will take off a tad bit of topend, but I geared down 1 tooth and its not a big sacrifice given the huge amount of traction and sheer accelaration up to 80mph, it will rip wheelies in 3 ft of snow, my sled is a 136", will top out at 105mph flat out on a lake, but I am not a top speed kinda ridier, all my time is 80mph or less(short fields and trails). the 1.5" I had on was a 121" and it would go right around 108-110mph with gearing and clutching, still not bad considering the holeshot hook up is unreal!

Mriper,

Thanks for the feedback on going to a 1.375 track. How does your hyfax hold up with a 1.5 or 1.75 track on the trails?

Mark

I have oversize idlers, 8" rears and 5.350" in skid, with yamaha hyfax savers at the curve, they last forever(been on 2 seasons now), but you have to ride in snow....lol, seriously, its no problem as long as you ride in at least 3 inchs of snow, or at least get over and get some snow on the sides of trail in prolonged low snow conditions.

I have the 136" 1.375 camo which I am very impressed with. I removed all the protectors. My hifax were burning pretty quickly at about 600 miles last year, but I have a Viper rear skid with 11.5 travel vs the stock 8". I have since added viper trailing arms that lift the front up 1.5", I don't have enough miles on this setup to know how much it has improved. I think if you run the stock suspension and pull the limiters up you will be fine. I felt the stock gearing worked fine. Try it, if it don't work you can always try the bigger wheels and the lower gearing later.

1.375 track

Leeko, thanks for the feedback

I have the viper revalved shocks in my rear and short ohlins with shaft extensions upfront. I also swapped the left and right ski shock brackets to raise the front some more so its pretty balanced front-to-back now.

Is that a Boss seat on your sled? Looks sig. higher than stock.

Otis,
The seat is a Boss wide top flat top which about 5 inches higher than stock.

Have you ran the Ohlin shock extensions? I worried about over stressing the shocks.

Leeko,

I put about 900 miles on them last winter with no problems. The extensions are very short and I could not envision the shock shafts failing where the extensions thread into the shaft. In terms of adding ride height or improved ride, I could not quanitify how much they really helped. My srx sits 2.5- 3" higher than my 700sx now, but more of that due to the swapping of the brackets I think.

Back