Phazer Clutching Question

motofishsled

I am replacing the comet 108 EXP primary clutch on my 1989 phazer . It has a purple spring in it now . When i look to buy comet springs there are two purple comet springs . Is there any way of checking the old spring to tell which one it is ? When i measure the length of it , it is in between the length of the two new springs . Could it be the longer spring and the old spring is sacked out . old spring 3 3/4 " new spring 4 1/8 " new spring 3 15 / 16 "

Go by the specs for that application, that will tell you the correct spring to use. I think Certified Parts Corporation owns Comet now. Contact them and tell them what you need.

It looks like the spring they are calling for is sil/blk. Force/lbs. 85-205. I would say the shorter purple spring would be the one at 106-226. Where as the longer one is much stiffer at 136-254 lbs. Hope that helps.

THANKS The engine is modified . The clutch was calibrated by Riechards performance 20 years ago when I bought it from them . I am not really sure it is a comet spring because back then they were having there own springs made . I remember buying them for drag racing , but i am not sure about this one . I bought both purple comet springs and i will try to get them checked for force .

Back