91 phazer 2

Buckzone101

hey im new around here and fgured id post my questions up.

i just picked up a 91 phazer 2, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what motor was avalible in the 91 phazer 2. also was wondering what i could do to get some of those locked up horses moving. and how would i go about raising the bars and the seat, also how would i make it so that the tunnel is "lifted" like the newer sleds? thanks in advance!!

Well fabed my drop brackets today and ripped my bars apart, gotta get my longer bolts for my risers, they are about 2 1/2" taller than stock, and my drop brackets got a hole 2 1/2 and 3 1/2" lower than stock, I'm ganna drop the center bolt 1 1/2 and drill a new hole for the bolt. I'll get pics if I remember.. Anyone make a seat wedge for a phazer? Or have any ideas for performance mods? Like cutting the stock exhaust and gutting it out a little and running some pipe in the big "can" part so it's like a aftermarket can but looks stock? And anyone run any cold air kits on theirs?

Got my bars back on, used 2 barrel nuts on each bolt and longer bolts, raised fearing, and everything roughly 2.5" feels much better tomorrow I'm going to start on my skid drop and possibly my exhaust and intake if I get time.. Can anyone tell me how the air box comes out??

BZ I used to have that very sled back in the day. Very fun all around sled. Very light, good in powder. They only came with one engine, the 485 fan cooled twin you probably have in there now. The best bang for the buck is an aftermarket exhaust. I had a Bender pipe on mine and was very happy with it. The pipe will definitely require a clutching change. Also had a cold air kit, but I'm not sure if those are still made or not. I got mine through Reicards which is no longer in business. Be very careful as you continue with the mods. A modified phazer can be hard on pistons if you don't jet it a little rich or run very good gas. I replaced more than a few pistons on mine trying to find the sweet spot. The stock carbs are ok for a stock machine, but once you get into porting and/or higher compression, they aren't the hot setup. Hope this helps. Mach. :letitsnow

Thanks man yeah all I really want to do is pipe, intake, reeds and possibly clutch spring.. But I'm not sure yet

Pipe deffinately requires jetting and clutching changes. Watch the handle bars they liked to break off right where the riser bar and main handle bar are welded. Seat is plywood on the bottom so it would need some kind of full length support.

Yeah I know pipes require jetting, but wasn't sure about the clutches thanks for the info.. And if the bars break I'll weld them back up and put guessets in them.. Anyone know how to get the air box out.. Don't have time to mess with it trying to fix my pos explorer..

Also check if the updated carb parts where installed to fix the midrange lean condition they had from the factory.

any body know of any mods to the reeds for the pahzer? or the stock echaust? or any simple power mods that wont need major other things, i heard that if you keep the stock exhaust and do the mods then you dont have to jet..

I cut down the windshield and started to paint it black, I got my hitch from Gil, and cut It down/ made the hole bigger in the hitch( it looked goofy on the Phazer under the seat) and cut open my exhaust and drilled 12 1/2" holes in the inlet and the out let side of the baflles in the can. Hoping it gives it a little better air flow and some better sound! Time to grind and paint and put back together then I think I'm going to run my chepo LEDs that I got from Wally world for an old truck either under the hood or under the tunnel..

It really didn't make it much lowder I might drill a few holes right in the can but I dot know yet, it's pretty snappy tho I also cut my limiters out because they weren't touching anyways and man will this thing cat walk now.. I have to tighten my bars up which means have to tear everything back apart and put a few more spacers on my longer boots the threads aren't long enough and my bars still move :( and have to hook up my LEDs I'm prob just going to splice them into my hand warmers cause if I ride at night I can just flip them on I don't ride with hand warmers anyways just thin gloves if any!!

My skid is like 2" away from the drive wheels and it comes up like a bug j sort of and dosent even come close to the track in the front. Anyone know how to make the stock exhaust any louder? Drilling the holes didn't make a notcible difference except for in the mid range bog..

I wouldn't recommend drilling holes in the exhaust. If you know someone who can weld there was a way to open the silencer portion of the pipe and redirect flow. I haven't seen one in awhile so I'm not really sure how it's done.

Also, I don't recommend running without limiters. You will constantly be topping out your shocks and likely destroy them.

Make sure you have the correct nozzles for your altitude as stated. Those really help the throttle response. Make sure your carbs are also in sync if you are experiencing a bog.

Always make sure your clutches are in good working order. Along with center to center and offset being within spec.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I know someone that can weld.. :) I don't have to look to far as stated Iv already had it open and rewelded and there was like no was no way to go about cutting the baffles out with out messing up more than I wanted to.. I'll figure out what to do maybe I'll just pop a hole in It and run a pipe out the side who knows.. Anythings possible with my mind:) it's nice having Welding and machine shop skills and tools at my disposal!!

heres a pic of whats been done cut windsheild and painted, drop brackets hitch and drilled exhauat, bar risers =) :2strokes: :letitsnow

Attachments

• 91 phazer.jpg
    91 phazer.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 36
well im supposed to be trading my sled this weekend its no use to me we have no snow i rode it 4 times this year, im trading it for a 79 yamaha g1 golf cart with a 89 ninja 500 motor in it :) :bling: :nos:

Back