Viper s dcs problems

braap

Out of the box 04 viper s, wondering if anyone else has the dcs light going off when full throttle or in deep snow. Flashes continuesly. Does anyone have any info? :beer: :yam:

The DCS is doing its job protecting your engine. As others have posted some dealers are doing a poor job of setting up the sled and the carbs are in desperate need of a cleaning. The main jet is likely partially plugged and the engine is very lean causing the DCS to activate. Also make sure fuel is fresh as old fuel can cause the same problem.

I my dcs comes on once in a while ... Kevin from Port explained it to me and I really can't explain it as well as he did!

Email him, I believe his user name on here is port-parts.

Mine came on once in da U.P. on a very long pull, closed my tpi valves and it stopped. I guess it works pretty good.

I had the same problem when running in deep powder on a river last season...whenever I'd get slogged down in some wet heavy snow the DCS would kick in which was really scary when your not sure how thick the ice is beneath your sled and lose power. I think it's overly sensitive, and recall reading about some guys using rubber washers between the sensor and the head to eliminate the problem. I've reduced the compression this year to run CPR pipes and will see how well it works.

Back