98 srx track and skid replacement...

88 yamaha 570

im removing my track and rear skid for an arctic cat ETT system and need some advice, im trying to pull the track off now but the bolts for the suspension up front when i try to loosen one, just loosens on the other side and i cant seem to get it to loosen, i tried tightening one then loosen the other and snug one and loosen the other but it just isn't doing the job, just keeps spinning, and when i install the new skid some people were telling me to take measurements, but couldn't i just take the front measurements and bolt it in, then set the back on to where i want it to sit and make that the hole?

so i got the track out, decided to use this time to take a picture of my front exchanger and see what you guys think, doesn't leak but looks like the protector thing broke off and the studs from the track were hitting it...
downsized_1205010116.jpg

i also noticed when i pulled the track off that the drive cog seemed like it had been pinched with a pair of side cutters on every tooth, track might not have been aligned correctly? what do you guys think should i still run it?
1205010137.jpg

Well, its a good time to replace your drives and insatll a new protector. By the pics looks like the studs only hit the fins so you should be good to go.
Get the measurements from the donor sled of the new skid for the alignment and placement.

how does the protector go on? and what might happen if i don't replace the drives? and i need both front and back measurements? or could i use the fronts and set the back on it and measure that way or will it be off?

ok i got the track and suspension in the sled, drilled rivets on old brackets and re riveted them on, turns out the guard for the front exchanger was from a stud going through it, they cut the fins off and welded it all back together. as for the drive cogs, i showed my boss and we were able to heat them and make them look normal again, this suspension is amazing, sled sits about 6 inches higher in the rear or at least it looks it... cant wait to finish the motor and go ride it. does anyone have any tips on adjusting the track?

Back