86 phazer with srv aaen pipe?

Yam4life

New to the forums, glad i found this site.

Ive been looking for a cheap used aaen trail pipe for my phazer in my area with no luck... I was given an aaen pipe that i thought was for the phazer but the exit is at the end. I researched a bit and found out it is for an srv. Could i just change the exit on the pipe to fit the stock hole on my phazer? I know i need to re-jet and update the carbs to cure the lean spot.

Thanks!

also... off topic but I just scored an 88 exciter for $100 in better shape then my $400 phazer a cple days ago. I will be asking about that when my phazer is done.

You could sell me that pipe since it won't work with your phazer. It is not tuned for the 485 and would be very dificult to make work. Someone else will chime in with more details.

Sorry for the low quality. One of the pics shows where they brazed or welded to fix a crack I'm thinking. The end looks like they tacked it on.

The front half looks just like the stocker for my XL-V (which has the same motor/pipe as an SR-V) I think you would be hard pressed to make that work on a phazer but it's probably possible with enough time and work.

Thanks for the responses, I would like some one local around here to take this off my hands... Ive seen another sr-v pipe they were asking $50 but it was in bad shape. I just dont like dealing with shipping and checks. I would trade this pipe for a single psi/bender for the exciter or a phazer aaen pipe.

Sorry its not going to work out for ya. Hopefully you can turn a dime on that pipe and find the one you need.

Phazer pipe

Yam4life said:
New to the forums, glad i found this site.

Ive been looking for a cheap used aaen trail pipe for my phazer in my area with no luck... I was given an aaen pipe that i thought was for the phazer but the exit is at the end. I researched a bit and found out it is for an srv. Could i just change the exit on the pipe to fit the stock hole on my phazer? I know i need to re-jet and update the carbs to cure the lean spot.

Thanks!

also... off topic but I just scored an 88 exciter for $100 in better shape then my $400 phazer a cple days ago. I will be asking about that when my phazer is done.
Just listed am AAEN pipe on ebay yesterday they are a great pipe for the phazer :letitsnow

Back