99sxr track on a 89Exciter?

Exciter8789

Anybody know if a track from a 99sxr will work for an 89Exciter? A website I found says they are the same except under "type" the Exciter is a 3,4,8 and the sxr is a 4,8. I have no idea what that means. Also the website only listed sxr from 2000 forward and the guy selling the track says it is from a 99sxr?
It is picked which concerns me because I have read that it is easy to damage the heat exchangers if the picks are too long. Any idea how long is too long?

Thank you
Travis

I got my sizing from this website http://www.psep.biz/store/yamaha_snowmobile_tracks.htm
The seller is from craigslist. He doesn't know how long the picks are?! So I am thinking this is going nowhere (he is a two hour drive) I need a 121x15 - 2.52 and I think I have found out that having windows closed is somewhat irrelevant????
Are 1" picks safe?
Thanks for the reply

you need protectors on the exchangers and the track cant extend across the clips,but you can trim it there,i have 1" studs in mine,not complety safe but ok if there not in the middle of the track.i ran it for two years this way with the front exchanger bypassed and only had scrapes in the middle top front,i hooked it back up end of last year and so far so good.but im not worried if it for some reason scrapes this year the exchangers comin out,this sled was designed for a .50 track and .875 studs.thats kinda useless

Back